GlaxoSmithKline is one of the world's leading research based pharmaceutical and healthcare companies. We have a challenging and inspiring mission to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. With a firm foundation in science, we discover, develop, manufacture and distribute prescription medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products.
GSK offers a creative and dynamic work environment for professional training and development and good prospects for high future earnings.
Vacancies exist in the following roles for bright, self starting and energetic persons to join a vibrant workforce.
Job Title: Distribution Manager
The successful candidate will have the following responsibilities amongst others:
- Security of stocks and other sales items and supervision of stock control to ensure implementation of prevailing SOPs
- Ensures proper handling of finished products in the warehouse to reduce the incidence of damages due to mishandling
- Monitor, maintain and communicate stock levels, ensuring that the right stocks are in the right place at the right time.
- Liaising with internal customers – Sales. Production. Quality. Accounts. Purchasing and Marketing as well as external customers – Transporters and Agents in order to achieve Sales/Distribution and company – wide objectives.
- Ensures prompt shipment customers (Partners and Direct Accounts) stock orders
- Track truck movement
- Provide information on stock position to the Sales Team and other interested
- Ensures that transporters deliver within the delivery lead time
- Recommends appointment and termination of transporters
- Ensures that registered transporters have relevant/ valid vehicles documents at all times
- Ensure that the right tonnage of vehicles are available and that loads are consolidated in the right mix to achieved optimal load factor/cost savings
- Ensures that only sound and well maintained trucks are used in consigning stocks to Partners to reduce the incidence of damages in transit
- Transport performance Assessment
- Constantly seeking ways of increasing efficiency and production by reducing cost in all stages of the Distribution process
- Recommends incentive scheme for distribution staff
- Develops an effective appraisal tools for distribution staff
Qualification and Experience
The ideal candidate must possess the following:
- BS.c – Social Science preferably MBA or MSc in Transport or may related discipline
- Professional Certificate is an advantage
- Minimum of 7 years experience in an FMCG Company with Distribution / Operational/ Logistics experience preferred
- Strong leadership & influencing skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Must be able to handle sensitivity / confidentiality levels appropriately
- Analytical mind
- Customer Focus and Sense of urgency
- Ability to see macro scenarios and beyond numbers
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.