IITA, is an international non-profit research-for-development (R4D) organization created in 1967, governed by a Board of Trustees, and supported primarily by the Consultative Group of International Agricultural Research (CGIAR). Our R4D is anchored on the development needs of sub-Saharan Africa. We develop agricultural solutions with our partners to tackle hunger and poverty by reducing producer and consumer risks, enhancing crop quality and productivity, and generating wealth from agriculture. We have more than 100 internationally recruited scientists from about 35 countries and 900 nationally recruited staff based in various stations across Africa.
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture seeks suitable Nigerian Nationals for the following positions at the Institute's Headquarters, Ibadan.
Job Tittle: RESEARCH SUPERVISOR
(1 year renewable Contract)
- Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Collect, collate and summarise field data.
- Carry out laboratory activities.
- Assist to train farmers.
- Prepare the weekly plan for all field workers and Technicians in consultation with the Research Associate.
- Supervise and coordinate the implementation of the weekly plan for Research Technician and Field Assistant.
- Prepare the protocol for each field activity and supervise the implementation of these protocols.
- Keep the storage well organised and in good condition
- Supervise and maintain the quality of field books and data
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Supervisor
Qualification and Experience:
BSc/HND in Agriculture/Crop Breeding plus at least three (3) years post-qualification working experience in a research institution.
The ideal candidate must:
• Be hardworking, honest and trustworthy
• Be able to work under pressure
• Be able to work on weekends