Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacant positions:
Job Title: Associate Vice President Information & Communication Technology
- Co-ordinates the development of an innovative and world-class ICT Strategy for the University and its subsidiary strategic business units.
- Aligns ICT strategy to the overall University Strategy and ensures that it evolves to meet the changing needs of the University.
- Operational responsibility for the campus information technology infrastructure including the inter and intra-building networking, the voice and video networks, two-way radio systems, the data backbone network, the campus modem pool, Internet connections and
- administration of the babcock.edu.ng internet domain, domain names services, etc.
- Manages University servers.
- Integrates information technology into research, instructional, medical services and every other undertakings by the University.
- Works with various stakeholders throughout the University to ensure that their ICT needs are understood and demonstrate the potential for the application of ICT within each area.
Develops policies and standards for the use of ICT within the University and monitor adherence to these policies and standards.
Advises the senior management on emerging issues in information technology and its implication and relevance.
Coordinates campus-wide information technology services.
- The holder of this office reports to the President/Vice-Chancellor
- He/she must have an extensive experience in a busy and complex information and communication technology department with a verifiable and successful track record of leading change in a rapidly changing and complex client base environment. .
- Proficient in building and leading teams and have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Minimum Education: MSc in relevant discipline
- Minimum Experience: 15 years post-qualification experience in a fairly large and dynamic ICT department, 10 of which must be at senior management
- Preferred Certifications: In at least any of the following: database administration, networking, information system security, etc.
Method of Application
Applications should be addressed to:click apply here below to apply or
The Director of Human Resources,
Babcock University, Ilishan Remo,