Job Title: Assistant Manager, Learning & Development
Proactively identify, develop, plan, manage and execute employee learning and development needs, in line with company strategy and priorities.
- Conducts needs analysis studies and confers with managers and supervisors to determine training needs based on projected production processes, changes and other factors.
- Compiles data and analyses past and current year training requirements and future forecasts in order to prepare budgets and justify funds requested.
- Review and evaluate training programs for compliance with government standards
- Ensures proper documentation to, and maximum refund obtained from ITF.
- Conduct orientation sessions and arrange on-the-job training for new hires.
- Evaluate trainers performance and the effectiveness of training programs, providing recommendations for improvement
- Plan, develop and provide training for all staff.
- Manages the training database, with electronic records of all courses completed by company staff, with attendance, grades, final report, and so forth. Ensure that the database is updated as required, but regularly, so that current information is always available.
- Organize and develop training manuals, reference library, testing and evaluation procedures, multimedia visual aids and other educational materials.
- Researches and recommends outside consultants and trainers to conduct training in specific topics.
- Maintains records and prepares statistical reports to evaluate performance of instructors and monitor progress of trainees.
- Manage, supervise, and coach GTDP trainers and Adult Learning tutor.
- Participate in departmental drive towards Performance Management for the Company.
- Actively involved in Safety committee and initiatives, representing HR and Training.
- Performs other related activities as requested.
REPORTING AND SCOPE
- Position reports to General Manager, HR & Training.
- Direct reports- GTDP Trainers and Adult Learning Tutor
- The scope of this position is domestic
- University Degree in Human Resources, Social Sciences or related field.
- Requires at least three to five years of experience working in a similar role, preferably in ports and terminal operation.
- Requires some previous experience that demonstrates an ability to train others and give instructions.
- Should possess strong Communication, Presentation and People skills.
- Considerable drive and interest in the Training, performance management and improvement processes, for the optimization of company performance and employee development.
- Self-starting, taking initiatives to influence events to achieve goals.
- Well-organised, timely, and persistent.
- Effective teamwork – inside and outside own organisation and authority lines.
- Possess empathy, personal tact, cultural understanding, and strong communication skills.
- Substantial knowledge and usage of Microsoft Office Tools (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).