MTN Nigeria is part of the MTN Group, Africa's leading cellular telecommunications company. On May 16, 2001, MTN became the first GSM network to make a call following the globally lauded Nigerian GSM auction conducted by the Nigerian Communications Commission earlier in the year. Thereafter the company launched full commercial operations beginning with Lagos, Abuja and Port Harcourt.
Job Title: Business Solutions Specialist
Department: Information Systems
- Define standards and guidelines for governance on SOA/Middleware platform
- Evaluate enterprise level systems architecture and direct the design and approach to deployment.
- Design scalable applications architecture based on trend analysis of current usage and forecast and benchmark application capabilities based on projected growth.
- Create, maintain, disseminate & validate application development guidelines & standards for all artifacts will facilitate the oversight standardization and future direction of all application development.
- Translate strategy into initiatives; identify needed resources, departmental requirements towards initiatives delivery and interrelationship amongst the projects to foster delivery of goals.
- Determine overall modeling standards, guidelines, best practices modeling techniques & approaches for Business & Solutions Architecture
- esign the architectural landscape to accomplish cross system objectives and foster advantageous trade-offs across the Enterprise portfolio
- Ensure the alignment of Enterprise Architecture with the business strategy throughout the cycle of innovation, planning and delivery
- Chart roadmap of Technology Infrastructure, Evolution, Emerging Technologies & trends.
- valuate developments in architecture in the local and international business environment and recommend value adding improvements to MTNN’s application, technology and Infrastructure architecture roadmaps.
- Effectively tracks Benefits realization, investments value ratio metrics
- Demonstrate an understanding of developments in technologies and strategies in the local and international business environment and recommend value-adding improvements to MTNN’s IS technology footprint.
- Develop a road map of all portals and determine any implications in the MTN environment
- Develop short -and long-term plans for each existing website, working with the external focus team.
- Assist in guiding definition of the technology environment and the deployment of Portal technology and self-service features, as well as capabilities inherent in the software licensed.
- Collaborates with the other Architects and the external focus team to ensure data definitions, mappings, and changes are properly coordinated with business portals.
- Document weekly reports per functional areas
Job Conditions: Normal MTNN working conditions. May be required to work extended hours and weekends
Reporting To: SM Enterprise Architecture and Planning
- A first degree in Computer Science, Information Technology/Systems or a related discipline
- Possession of a post graduate degree in related field will be an advantage
- TOGAF certified
- Minimum of 8 years work experience of which:
- 2 years in a supervisory/managerial capacity
- 5years Enterprise Architecture (Business, Data, Applications, Technology) experience
- 4 years experience integrating applications and technology in a complex environment.
- Good working knowledge of EA frameworks, NGOSS
- Practicable Telco 2.0 experience
- Minimum of 3 years experience in SOA/EAI /Portal implementation.
- 4 years Business Process Re- engineering and management exposure.
- In-depth experience in Architecture governance and standards, Business Capability & Value Chain Analysis and Application Portfolio Management (APM).
- In-depth experience in timescale and Investment analysis (NPV, IRR, ROI, TCO)
A first degree in Computer Science, Information Technology/Systems or a related discipline Possession of a post graduate degree in related field will be an advantage TOGAF certified