Corporate Chief Fire Officer (Expat)
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on email Share on print More Sharing Services
ApplyOnstream European Consultancy
View all jobs by Onstream European Consultancy
RateNegotiable TypeContract LocationNigeriaRegionTown Required Residency Posted By Onstream European Consultancy Date Posted 14 Aug 2013 Expiry Date 28 Aug 2013 Job Reference 01852_94640ascin_ASS Job
- Strategic Vision: Create a compelling vision and set the strategy for the COMPANY Emergency Response Services (ERS) team such that it operationalises the Emergency Response Policy and aligns with the business objectives of the company.
- IPDS: Adapt and deploy the U.K. Fire Service : Integrated Personal Development System (IPDS) to calibrate and improve professional competencies of COMPANYFire brigade, thereby embedding designated roles as mapped into the organization.
- International standards: Interpret and disseminate relevant fire safety laws, codes of practice and standards so as to assure total loss prevention and control, and deploy Fire Safety policy documents/philosophies to the operations asset teams corporately.
- Quality Assurance: Establish performance management and quality assurance systems to ensure consistency and effectiveness of ERS service delivery. Oversee quality of outsourced ERS services and provide effective governance for training and professional development of first line and auxillary emergency responders
- Fire Safety/Engineering: Plan, initiate and deploy best in class Fire Prevention and Protection schemes for COMPANY assets and operational across SCiN footprint in Nigeria.
- Drills and Response Readiness: Drive a response ready culture through regular drills and exercise of credible fire emergency scenario and conduct relevant training and professional development of the ERS team so as to assure organizational effectiveness during response.
- Procedure and Guidelines: Formulate procedures and guidelines, adopting modern techniques in Fire Protection Engineering and international Fire Protection codes and standards, as may be required to mitigate potential fire and explosion hazards associated with new facility design, projects and operations and deploy across SCiN.
- Fire Appliance/Equipment Specification: Define specifications for all operational equipment, fixed and mobile fire fighting appliances and systems, materials including consumables; liaising with OEM and COMPANY Group ‘Subject Matter Experts’ specialists as required on Fire safety Engineering standards, interpret Fire codes and standards applicable to assure fire loss prevention and control/management.
- Equipment Deployment & Replacement: Develop and implement optimum deployment strategy and replacement plan for fire and emergency response appliances, including but not limited to fire appliance specifications, rescue equipment and loss prevention systems.
- A Bachelor’s Degree or Higher National Diploma or its equivalent in the Fire Science, Fire Risk Engineering, Fire Technology, Disaster management or related science (or professional qualifications from the Institute Of Fire Engineers. Alternatively, evidence of mentored process of vocational development with progressive certification in core competencies of established Fire Brigade up to Divisional Command Level may be considered.
- The Job Holder shall have a minimum of 15 years Fire Service experience in industrial setting preferably Oil & Gas and should have had extensive professional training at an approved Fire Service institution in Command & Control, Fire And Explosions control and recovery operations, fire science, fire service administration, including tactical and strategic operations, and hazardous materials management.
Job Type: fulltime
Required Experience: 15+ year(s)
Desired Courses: *