Specialization: Executive / Management
Industry: NGO / International Agencies
Application Deadline: Job Listing Expired
Job Type: fulltime
Required Experience: 15+ year(s)
The Council for the Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria, COREN, is a body set-up by the Decrees 55/70 and 27/92 (now Acts 110). The Decrees empowered the Council to regulate and control the training and practice of engineering in Nigeria and to ensure and enforce the registration of all engineering personnel (i.e. Engineers, Engineering Technologists, Engineering Technicians, and Engineering Craftsmen) and consulting firms wishing to practice or engage in the practice of engineering.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the post of Registrar of the Council for the Regulation of Engineering Nigeria (COREN). The Council for the Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria was established by decree No. 55 of 1970 which was later amended by decree No. 27 of 1992 and now Engineers (Registration etc) Act CAPE II of 2004 and is charged with the general duty of:
- Determining who are engineers for the purpose of this Act;
- Determining what standards of knowledge and skill are to be attained by persons seeking to become registered as Engineering Personnel and raising those standards from time to time as circumstances may permit;
- Securing in accordance with the provisions of this Act the establishment and maintenance of register of persons entitled to practice as registered Engineering Personnel and Consultants and the publication from time to time of lists of those persons;
- Performing the other functions conferred on the Council by this Act
- Regulating and controlling the practice of the Engineering Profession in all its aspects and ramifications.
- Consequently, COREN registers Engineering Personnel and Consultants from the following 5 professional Associations in Nigeria:
- Association of Consulting Engineers, Nigeria ACEN.
- Nigerian Society of Engineers, NSE (for University Degree holders)
- Nigerian Association of Engineering Technologists, NATE (for holders of HND in Engineering)
- Nigerian Association of Engineering Technicians NISET (for holders of ND in Engineering);
- Nigerian Association of Engineering Craftsmen, NAEC (for products of Technical Colleges and holders of City and Guilds Certificates and equivalent)
POSITION TITLE: REGISTRAR
- The Registrar is a full time duty and is the on the spot Chief Administrative Officer and shall be answerable through the President of Council to the Council.
- The successful candidate would be expected to provide the requisite professional and administrative advice to the Council and leadership to the staff of the Secretariat laid down by the Act and theCouncil in the achievement of the objectives of COREN.
- His/She shall foster good rapport with the relevant organs and Key Officers of the Council and other professional bodies that could lead to the ultimate attainment of the COREN objectives.
- It shall be the duty of the Registrar to prepare and maintain, in accordance with rules made by the Council under this section, a Register of the names, addresses and approved qualifications, and of such other particulars as may be specified, of all persons who are entitled in accordance with the provisions of this Act to be registered as registered Engineering Personnel and Consultants and who apply in the specified manner to be so registered.
- The candidate should posses a Bachelors degree in engineering and should have been registered with COREN in any of the engineering disciplines that COREN regulates.
- The candidate should be a corporate member of the Nigerian Society of Engineers.
- Candidate must have a minimum of 25 years post qualification cognate experience relevant to the engineering profession.
- The age of the candidate must not be more than 55 years at the point of his first appointment.
- The following other qualifications will be an added advantage:
- Higher Engineering degrees such as Masters, Ph.D etc.
- Degrees and professional qualifications in Accounting, Law, Business Administration and Management
- Membership of professional Management/Administration bodies
- Computer proficiency
TERMS OF APPOINTMENT;
- The appointment is for a period of three (3)years in the first instance;
- Very attractive salary, which is not below that of any similar regulatory Council or that of a Professor in the university.
- The Officer appointed will be entitled to an official car with driver, a soft furnished accommodation or an allowance in lieu.
DUE DATE: 21st November, 2012
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Applications should be submitted in ten (10) copies of up-to date Curriculum Vitae which must include the following:
- Full Names, Surname underlined
- Marital Status
- Number of Children indicating the age of each one
- Date and Place of Birth
- Current Postal Address & Email Address
- Permanent Home Address
- Educational Institutions attended with dates
- Academic and Professional Qualifications with Dates
- Membership of Professional bodies
- Work Experience in chronological sequence
- Present employment status and salary
- Extra Curricular activities
- Publications if any
- Names and Addresses of three referees
- Date available to assume duties if appointed
Applicants will be required to provide original of their credentials at the interview. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview
The applications should be addressed to:
The Council for the Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria (COREN)
No. 22, Addis Ababa Crescent, Wuse Zone 4,
P.O Box 8461, Wuse, Abuja.
Please note: Candidates are required to ask their referees to send confidential report on them to the same address as above before the closing date.
Some Related Jobs
Some Similiar Companies Currently Recruiting
Learn a Skill Today People Management Skills for Middle Level Managers Leadership Skills Supervisors Training IFRS for SMEs
Other Recent Jobs
- » Laboratory Scientist
- » Administrative Manager
- » Graduate Trainee
- » Cold Drink Operations Manager
- » Maintenance Officer
- » Lecturer I or II - CONNUASS 04- Portuguese Language and Luso-Brazilian Literature and Cultures
- » Sales Manager, Discrete Automation & Motion Division
- » Admin Assistant
- » West Africa Security Leader
- » Field Professional Reservoir Evaluation
- » Project Director
- » Stock Administrators
- » Cost Control Management Accountant
- » Electro / Diesel Mechanic
- » Senior Electrical Engineer