Night Drilling Supervisor
Specialization: Oil and Gas
Industry: Oil and Gas / Mining
Application Deadline: Job Listing Expired
Job Type: fulltime
Shell companies have been finding and producing oil and gas around the world for over a century. Today, we have interests in exploration and production ventures in more than 80 countries and employ approximately 90,000 people.
This is a technically challenging work environment characterised by a continuing need for research, the pursuit of new technology, and the adoption of new ways of working. It demands people who will thrive in a culture that encourages and rewards innovation, collaboration and the ability to learn from success as well as failure.
Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) is the pioneer and leader of the petroleum industry in Nigeria. It is capable of producing an average of over one million barrels of oil equivalent per day. The company's operations are concentrated in the Niger Delta and adjoining shallow offshore areas where it operates in an oil mining lease area of around 30,000 square kilometres.
Job Title: Night Drilling Supervisor
Job ID: F36164
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers, Nigeria
- Achieve goal zero on his rig by enforcing the applicable HSE rules and procedures,intervening in case of breech,working the rig HSE case,ensuring timely reporting and investigation of incidents,reinforcing Hazard identification and prevention,building staff HSE awareness.
- Maintain well control at all times by ensuring personnel is conversant with kick detection techniques and well closing in procedures and BOP equipment is certified maintained and tested.
- Delivering wells on time and to the required quality standards.
- Track daily costs and take necessary action to deliver well within budget.
- Translate drilling program into detailed instructions for contractors and service companies.
- Coordinate intervention of various contractors and service companies intervening on the rig site.
- Compiling daily drilling report and other required specific reports.
- Identifying ideas to improve performance and communicating them to the SDE for inclusion in drilling program.
- Timely ordering of services and equipment and QA/QC when delivered on sit.
- A professional engineer with a university degree in a relevant engineering or science discipline.
- A minimum of 7 years experience in well delivery function, commercial and contracting and technology activities.
- Round 2 certificate and IWCF certification.
- Good supervisory skills, with sound knowledge of drilling practices and well control principles and techniques enhanced by strong interpersonal skills.
- Good analytical, communication and writing skills, with PC fluency and familiarity with drilling engineering software.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Excellent proficiency in English language, both in speech and in writing.
Application Deadline: Tuesday 07 May 2013
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Required Experience: 7-10 year(s)
Desired Courses: EngineeringIf any company or recruiter demands money from you, please report to us immediately. View list of fake recruiters/companies you should avoid Here
Tags: Shell jobs Shell Nigeria jobs Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited jobs Night Drilling Supervisor jobs Shell Petroleum Development Company jobs
Some Related Jobs
Some Similiar Companies Currently Recruiting
Companies & Reviews
Other Recent Jobs
- » Exciting Job Vacancies for Division Manager - Human Resources Client Services at African Development Bank (AfDB)
- » Commercial Teacher at Oasis International High School
- » Media Manager: TV, Radio and Press at Airtel Nigeria
- » Finance Manager (Enugu) at Adexen
- » State Programme Officer (SPO) at Sustainable Healthcare International (SHI) - Zamfara
- » Bursar at Hezekiah University
- » Revenue Agent at The Kwara State Government
- » Exciting Job Vacancies for Director, Financial Control - FFCO at African Development Bank (AfDB)
- » Massive Job Recruitment at Caleb University
- » Accounts Officer at WFM 91.7 Nigeria
- » Deputy University Librarian (RUASS 6) at Redeemer's University
- » Clinical Applications Trainer - Olympus (Endoscopy) at JNC International Limited
- » Professor- Zoology/ (Animal Science) at Hezekiah University
- » Mathematics/Further Mathematics Teacher at Atlantic Hall Schools
- » New Job Opportunity for Maintenance Manager at Coscharis Group