Company: International Labour Organization
Specialization: Administration/ Office/ Operations
Industry: NGO / International Agencies
Application Deadline: Job Listing Expired
Job Type: fulltime
The International Labour Organization (ILO) Office in Abuja covers Nigeria, Ghana, Liberia, Sierra Leone and the Gambia; Liaison for ECOWAS and provides technical and advisory services to the ILO Constituents (Government, Workers and Employers' Organizations) in these countries.
Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for good maintenance of Office administrative files and records. Search and select information and records in specified format or on the basis of general instructions for use by others in preparing reports, correspondence, technical papers, project or programme plans and general reference documents.
- Provide advice and assist staff members and their dependents by processing requests for visas, identity cards, and other necessary administrative documents in accordance with the requirements of the Office.
- Advise, respond, make arrangements for the procurement, shipment, customs clearance and receipt of office supplies and prepare insurance coverage.
- Provide secretarial and/or administrative support for meetings, seminars and/or workshops.
- Maintain, update and transmit inventory records of non-expendable equipment.
- Plan and operate the activities of the office's registry.
- Set up and maintain the office filing system in accordance with an established classification system.
- Able to carry out Programming tasks.
- Able to summarize and provide requested information about the work of the ILO.
- Search and collect reference and background material from registry files as requested.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- Excellent Command of English Language.
- Completion of a Higher National Diploma or University Degree.
- Five years of general Clerical, Registry work and Programme related task.
- Ability to take initiatives, plan and organize work.
- Knowledge of general office procedures and work related practices, records maintenance and elementary bookkeeping for mailing charges.
- Ability to use computers for word processing, data entry and record keeping.
ILO is an equal opportunity organization. We therefore encourage applications from both men and women.
Method of Application
Expression of Interest: Applications should be received on/before 2nd May, 2013 with a recent CV and Credentials addressed to:
International Labour Organisation,
61, Jose Marti Crescent,
Required Experience: 5-7 year(s)
Desired Courses: Not SpecifiedIf any company or recruiter demands money from you, please report to us immediately. View list of fake recruiters/companies you should avoid Here
Some Related Jobs
Some Similiar Companies Currently Recruiting
Learn a Skill Today CCTV | IPCamera |3G Surveillance & Spy Security Installation Boot Camp The Executive PA Course Customer Service Excellence Training Personal Effectiveness & Mastery Training Business Management Training
Companies & Reviews
Other Recent Jobs
- » Tuberculosis Coordinator (2) -STEER Project at Save the Children International
- » Fresh Recruitment at Chemonics International Inc: Chief of Party (COP)
- » Job for Cameraman at Equal Access Nigeria
- » Sales Promoter at B-PAC Nigeria Limited
- » Laboratory Branch Chief at US Embassy Nigeria
- » Vacancy for Learning and Development Officer at Health Plus Limited
- » Confidential Secretary at Cement Company of Northern Nigeria Plc (CCNN)
- » BVacancy for Business Development Director at Ubongo Nigeria
- » Service Advisor at Global Profilers
- » GE Nigeria Recruitment for Commercial Operations Manager WCA
- » Nursery Teacher at Benford International School
- » Principal Lecturer at Federal Polytechnic of Oil and Gas, Bonny
- » Administration Officer at Hecahn Health Services Limited
- » Airtel Nigeria: Manager, Regional Core Operations
- » Client Service Executive at Ambion Wireless Limited