The board is responsible for the collection of internally generated revenue in Oyo State.
The functions of the board are but not limited to the following:
That the board shall be responsible for:-
- Ensuring the effectiveness and optimum collection of all taxes and penalties due to the State Government under the relevant laws.
- Doing all such things as may be deemed necessary and expedient for the assessment and collection of tax and shall account for all amounts so collected in a manner to be prescribed by the Government.
- Making recommendations where appropriate to the Joint tax board on tax policies, tax reform, tax legislation, tax treaties and exemption as may be required from time to time.
- Generally controlling the management of the service on matter of policy subject to provision of the law setting up the services.
- Appointing, promoting, transferring and imposing discipline on employees of the State services.
- The Board is autonomous in the day to day running of the technical, professional and administrative affairs.