Mobil Producing Nigeria Unlimited
(MPN) and Esso Exploration and Production Nigeria Limited
(EEPNL) are subsidiaries of Exxon Mobil Corporation
with a long and established history of operations in Nigeria. The companies' oil & natural gas production activities contribute to one of the largest sources of revenue for the Nigerian government and economy.
As a result of organizational growth and the associated opportunities within the Geoscience function, career opportunities exist tor ambitious and result-oriented individuals. We are recruiting superior calibre Trainee Geoscientists & Experienced Specialist Geoscience professionals with the highest standards of integrity, capacity for hard work, ability to build strong working relationships and effectively interact in a multi-cultural environment.
Job Title: Trainee Geoscientist
• Develop mapping and prospect evaluation skills
• 3D seismic interpretation
• Subsurface framework building for geologic modeling
• Develop relevant skills in identifying and recommending drilling opportunities
• Participate in meetings, presentations, exhibitions, conferences and lectures that add value to the business and enhance knowledge
• Participate in well-site duties
• Other duties as assigned at any particular time by supervisor
• Assist other more experienced geoscientists in conducting analysis of surface and subsurface data
• Obtain exposure to field studies, Formation evaluation, well-site operations, Seismic data acquisition/ processing, Project management, New Field Development etc
Requirements of Candidate
• Ph.D. or Masters degree in Geoscience (Geology or Geophysics). Candidates expecting to obtain a Ph.D. or Masters degree by October 2011 may also apply
• Bachelors degree with a minimum of second class upper in Geoscience (Geology, Geophysics, or physics)
• Possess NYSC discharge or exemption certificate
• Clear understanding of basic Geoscience concepts and principles
• Geoscience workstation experience will be an advantage
• Excellent computer skills
Country or Region: Nigeria
Office Location: Mobil House, Lagos
Affiliate Name: Esso Exploration and Production Nigeria Limited
These positions offer competitive compensation and benefit package commensurate with what is obtainable in the Upstream oil & gas industry.
Method of Application
If you meet the requirements listed for this position, please place your online application at: http://www.exxonmobil.com/careers/nigeria/apply
to submit your application and upload your curriculum vitae (CV).
To view a PDF copy of the advertised vacancy
• Log onto http://www.exxonmobil.com/careers/nigeria
• Click on advertised job positions
To complete the application process:
• Log onto http://www.exxonmobil.com/careers/nigeria/apply
• Click on 'Search openings'
• In the 'keyword' search box, enter 11503BR (for Trainee Geoscientist) or 11504BR (for Experienced Specialist Geoscientist)
• Click 'Search'
The advert closes 15th March 2011
Only short listed applicants will be contacted.
Applicants are hereby advised to submit only one application, as multiple applications may result in their being disqualified.
Please note that any application placed outside ExxonMobii 'Jobs and Careers in Nigeria' page on http://www.exxonmobil.com/careers/nigeria is placed at the applicant's sole risk.
Min Required Experience: 0 year(s)
Min Qualification: Not Specified
Desired Courses: Not Specified