is recruiting Senior Program assistant - Monitoring, Evaluation & Evaluation
Job Code: 274
TITLE: Senior Program Associate, Monitoring, Evaluation & Research
PROGRAM/OFFICE: Fistula Care
REPORTS TO: Fistula Care Project Manager, Nigeria,
EngenderHealth works worldwide to improve the lives of individuals by making reproductive health services safe, available, and sustainable. We provide technical assistance, training, and information, with a focus on practical solutions that improve services where resources are scarce. We believe that individuals have the right to make informed decisions about their reproductive health and to receive care that meets their needs. We work in partnership with governments, institutions, and health care professionals to make this right a reality.
The Fistula Care project is a five year cooperative agreement, funded by the United States Agency for International Development and managed by EngenderHealth in collaboration with partners. It seeks to increase access to quality treatment services for obstetric fistula, improve prevention, strengthen the environment to support prevention, treatment and reintegration services, and to conduct research to improve the quality of services.
Reporting to the Project Manager, Nigeria, the Senior Associate for M&E/R will support monitoring, evaluation and research activities for the Fistula Care Project.
1. Manage the monitoring, evaluation, research and documentation of project activities in Nigeria and supervise two evaluation staff.
2. Partner with the Project Manager and Deputy Project Manager to prepare the annual workplan and budget.
3. Prepare quarterly reports for review by the Project Manager for both the USAID Mission and for inclusion in the global project quarterly reports.
4. Coordinate the dissemination and use of data relating to project activities in Nigeria to partners and other stakeholders, including the implementation of data for decision making workshops.
5. Work with Fistula Care Project team and consultants to develop a community screening study to estimate the number of cases in a given geographic area. This estimate will be extrapolated to establish a planning figure of the number of cases to be treated by all partners working on fistula in the country. Coordinate the implementation of this study in collaboration with designated partners, consultants and staff.
6. Collaborate with the Fistula Care New York team in supporting the Nigerian sites that will participate in the planned randomized controlled trial on duration of catheterization after fistula surgery.
7. Ensure compliance with EngenderHealth’s Evaluation and Research Standard Operating Procedures (E&R SOPs) for all studies implemented in-country.
8. Travel 30% of time for technical assistance.
9. Other duties, as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & CERTIFICATIONS:
• Master’s degree in a field related to epidemiology, biostatistics, monitoring and evaluation of international health and development programs.
• A minimum of 10 years of work experience in ME&R working on international health projects.
• Experience designing conducting operations/applied research.
• Experience providing technical assistance on the use of data for planning and decision making.
• Familiarity with working in USAID-funded contracts or cooperative agreements preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Strong analytical skills;
• Excellent computer skills, with particular knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint and Word in addition to statistical applications (e.g. SPSS, Stata, EpiInfo); knowledge with qualitative software packages desirable.
• Exceptional interpersonal and teamwork skills.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• English fluency and strong writing skills in English required.
EngenderHealth provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.