Chemonics International seeks qualified Nigerian candidates for the anticipated USAID-funded Strengthening Advocacy and Civic Engagement Program.
The program will improve transparency and accountability in the Nigerian democratic system, by strengthening civil society’s ability to participate in key democratic reforms at the national, state, and local levels. The program goal will be achieved through strategic partnerships between civil society coalitions and organizations and critical stakeholders in Nigerian society including the media, government institutions, and the private sector.
For more than 36 years, Chemonics International (www.chemonics.com) has partnered with USAID and other donors to promote social and economic development to achieve healthier, more productive and independent lives in more than 140 countries. Working with governments, civil society groups, communities, and businesses, we build local capacity to achieve transformational and sustainable impact, alleviate poverty, and create more equitable development.
Job Title: Finance and Administration Manager
The F&A Manager will be responsible for the financial and administrative functions of the program
The Finance and Administration Manager must possess:
- A minimum of a university degree in accounting, finance, business administration or equivalent and an ACA/ACCA/CPA or other recognized accounting qualification;
- At least five years experience in accounting or financial management;
- At least three years post qualification experience as an auditor with a recognized public or private firm or as a senior finance manager with a reputable NGO or donor agency;
- Thorough knowledge of professional accounting principles and practices and an ability to analyze data, narrative reports, and workplans;
- Grants under contract experience;
- Previous experience building or enhancing CSO’s financial management capacity.
Salary offers will be based off of previous experience and salary history.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should apply below with a full CV detailing all relevant professional experience and achievements, a cover letter detailing qualifications in relation to the specific position, and three professional references not later than June 20, 2012
Qualified candidates will be contacted. Please NO Phone call inquiries
Sorry this Job Listing has Expired