Heirs Holdings (HH) is an African proprietary investment company, with a long-term investment horizon, operating in key economic sectors that can propel Africa’s economic
development. We are committed to the economic transformation of Africa through investments that create both economic prosperity and social wealth.
The bedrock of our mission is to create value for all stakeholders, economic and social. Our geographic focus is Africa, which, besides being our home, is a major investment frontier that remains largely unexploited. Through our investments, we aim to “influence and accelerate” the economic prosperity of the African continent. We hold significant stakes in the financial services, healthcare, real estate and hospitality, agriculture and energy sectors.
In addition, we share our objectives and mission with the Tony Elumelu Foundation, www.tonyelumelufoundation.org, one of Africa’s leading philanthropies, with a focus on
unlocking private sector growth and entrepreneurship as the means for securing Africa’s sustained economic development.
Heirs Holdings is guided by global standards, strong governance, and a commitment to accountability. For more information, please visit: www.heirsholdings.com.
Heirs Holdings now seeks the services of a suitably qualified candidate to fill the position of Director, Marketing & Corporate Communications.
The Director, Marketing & Corporate Communications will be responsible for developing, planning and overseeing the implementation of a brand and communications strategy to
position and continuously promote the Heirs Holding Group brands.
The position is based in Lagos, Nigeria with extensive domestic and international travel.
The Director will be charged with the following responsibilities:
- Establish and act as guardian of the HH Group brands
- Extend reach, raise visibility and drive influence of each HH brand
- Provide brand communications strategy development support to each HH brand
- Strategic oversight of the group’s marketing & corporate communication team/resources
- Act as the key focus of the Group for media contact and be one of the principal public faces of the Group
- Deliver and execute product agreements
- Strategically leverage traditional, digital and social media channels to build the HH Brands
- Establish, supervise and grow the brands of investee companies
- Build a powerful distribution engine to key decision makers / influencers / investors (international and in Africa)
- Manage relationships with vendors
- An advanced business degree in journalism, communications, public relations or a related course; Minimum of a Master’s Degree is required
- At least 10 years of experience in communication, marketing, brand management,
- media, journalism or public relations at progressively more senior management levels in the private sector
- International exposure, whilst with a sensibility to understand and operate in Africa’s multiple jurisdictions; possess strong networks and have the ability to interact with local
- influencers and engage with diverse people
- Experience in emerging markets is required
- Strong personality and visual projection with an intuitive feel for new media and wider media skills
- Proven track record of understanding and creating world class brand value
- Result driven and highly execution focused
- Excellent analytical, business and oral communication skills are necessary.
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems using brand, marketing, creativity, design methodology and tools.
- Advanced writing, strategy and research skills.
- Fluent oral and written English required. Knowledge of another major language is not mandatory but could be advantageous. Knowledge of French would be an advantage, but not critical
- Experience with MS Projects, Ms Office applications, Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator and other graphic software desired.
- Compensation and benefits for the role is highly attractive and competitive.
Interested applicants should send a resume and cover letter to Gloria Eluma (email@example.com) stating “Director, Marketing & Corporate Communications” in the subject field.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing date for this application is Monday, September 10, 2012.