Nigerian Aid Corps Scheme
Company: Federal Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Specialization: NGO / Community Services
Application Deadline: Job Listing Expired
Job Type: fulltime
Directorate of Technical Aid Corps, Federal Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Abuja, invites applications from suitably qualified Nigerians for the recruitment into the Nigerian Aid Corps Scheme for the 2012 - 2014 Biennium. The scheme is designed to provide manpower assistance in specific area, on request, from African Caribbean and Pacific (ACP) countries. Prospective candidates are therefore expected to be highly competent in their respective professions and of impeccable character.
The Technical Aid Corps (TAC) scheme is a viable volunteer programme operated by an African country across ACP countries. From independence, aid and technical assistance have been at the core of Nigeria’s foreign policy objectives.
TAC began in 1987 to complement direct financial aid from Nigeria to ACP countries through skills exchange towards strengthening international understanding and cooperation.
The Federal Government of Nigeria in 1987 established the Nigerian Technical Aid Corps (TAC) scheme as a foreign policy tool that would serve specific national interests. The statute establishing the scheme - Decree 27 – was signed into a law on 22 January 1993 and officially documented on 5 May 1993, thus giving it a legal backing and framework.
Key objectives of the scheme are:
- Sharing Nigeria’s know-how and expertise with other ACP countries
- Giving assistance on the basis of assessed and perceived needs of recipient countries
- Ensuring a streamlined programme of assistance to other developing countries
- Acting as a channel through which South-South collaboration is enhanced
- Establishing a presence in countries which, for economic reasons, Nigeria has no resident diplomatic mission.
- Promoting cooperation and understanding between Nigeria and recipient countries
- Facilitating meaningful contact between youths of Nigeria and those of recipient countries
- Complementing other forms of assistance to ACP countries
- Nigeria Technical Aid Corps (TAC) Massive Volunteer Recruitment 2012
Applications are hereby invited Applications are invited from the following professionals:
Professionals needed include General Practitioners, Cardiologists, Orthopaedic Surgeons, Pathologists, Pharmacologists, Hematologists, Histopathologists, Surgeons, Micro-biologists, Radiologists/CT-Scan, Urologists, Obstetricians and Gynaecologists, Paediatricians, Psychiatrics, Forensic, Medicine, Physicians, Epidemiologists, Entomologists, Dermatologists, Neurologists, Anesthesiologists, Plastic Surgeons, Physiologists, Anatomists, Physiotherapists, Ophthalmic Retinal Surgeons, Optometrists, Occupational Therapists, Dentists, Endoscopists, Pharmacists, Radiographers, Radiologists, Laboratory Technologists, Laboratory Technicians, X-Ray Technicians, Chemical Pathologists, Medical Electronic Engineers, Lep/TB Specialists or MO with Lep/TB Background, Health Planners/Administrators and Clinical Chemists
2. HEALTH SCIENCE:
Surgery, Internal Medicine, Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Paediatrics, radiology, Pharmacology, Pharmacognosy, Biopharmaceutics, Pharmaceutical Technology, Human Anatomy, Stress Physiology, Embryology, Histology, Physiology, Biochemistry, Adult Care Nursing, Psychiatric Nursing, Dental health, Physical pharmacology, Pharmacology, Community health science, Psychiatrist/Mental health, Occupational health specialist, Immunology, Haematology, Chemical Nursing (Medical surgical), Peadiatric Nursing, Public nursing, Midwifery nursing, Environmental/occupational hygiene, Anesthesiology, Pychiatry, Pharmaceutical Analysis, Medicinal Chemistry.
Anatomy, Farm animal anatomy, Physiology, Immunology/Phraseology, Animal Health.
Production management (with engineering background), Management science, materials Management, Management Economics, Public/Social Service/Industrial Economics, Cooperative Studies; (Theory and Practice, Legal systems, Organization and Management, Agric Cooperative Management, Auditing and Accounting), Business communication, Risk Management and Insurance, Hotel and Tourism Management, Hotel Food Production, Hotel Economics, Management Information Systems, Accounting Information Systems, Auditing Zoology.
Lawyers, Prosecutors, Magistrates and Legal Draughtsmen.
Doctors of Veterinary Medicine, Agric Extension and Development Officers, Nutritionists, Agronomists, Livestock production Experts, Horticulture.
Carpentry and Joinery, Plumbing, Welding, Automobile Mechanics, Brick-laying, Tailoring and Vulcanizing.
Water resource/Hydraulic, Thermal Machine Design, Industrial, Manufacturing, Mineral Processing, Agriculture, Mining, Geology, Electronics, Automobile, Communication, Microelectronics, Road and Transport, Applied Mechanics, Computer, Highway, Electronics or Nuclear Physics, Sanitary, Food Technology, Process Control and Instrumentation, Chemical process, Re-inforced Concrete, Control System, Plant Layout and Production Planning, Engineering Materials, Garment Technology, Fashion Design, Textile Chemical Process, Quality Control in Textile, Physical Chemistry, Chemical Engineering and Geo-physics.
9. NURSING AND MIDWIFERY:
Midwives, Nurse Anaesthetists, Psychiatric Nurses, Theatre Nurses, Nurse Tutors, OR-Nurse and Public Health Nurses. Etc
Teachers in Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics, English Language, Agriculture, History, Christian Religious Knowledge, Islamic Religious Knowledge, General Education, Home Economics, Microbiology, Biochemistry, Economics, Arts & Crafts, General Science, Vocational/Technical Education, Food Science Technology, Hotel Service, Tourism Studies specializing in travel operations, Special Education, Educational Administration, Educational Psychology, Curriculum Development, Childhood Education, Technical drawing, Economics, Business Education, Marketing, Purchasing, Banking and Finance, Accounting, Information technology, Geography and Health Science.
Lecturers in English Language, African Literature, Modern African History, English Literature, Linguistics, Theatre Arts, Library Science, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Architecture, Textile & Weaving, Music, Art & Crafts, Quantity Surveying, Land Surveying, Chemical Pathology, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mass Communication, Organic Chemistry, Banking and Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Coaches/Instructors, in Football, Basketball, Boxing, Athletics, Physical Education, Biochemistry, Computer Programming & Technology, Geography, Sociology and Social work, Anthropology, History, Genetics, Botany, Zoology, International Relations, Comparative Government/Politics, International Law, Policy Analysis, Urban/Regional Economics, Cooperatives, Economics, Econometrics, Natural Resource Economics, Environmental Economics/Policy, Experimental Physics, Theoretical Physics, Bio-statistics ecology, Food Microbiology, Entomology, Environmental Microbiology/ Biotechnology, Vector Biology/ Parasitology, Quality Assurance and Laboratory management, Toxicology , Urban Transportation Planning, Planning Theory, Environmental Planning, System Dynamics & Technology Policy, Research & Planning, Educational Administration, Curriculum Development, Testing and Evaluation, Educational Psychology, General Agriculture, Soil Science, Animal Science, Agriculture Economics, Wood science, Forest Science, Bio-diversity, (Environmental Management), Criminal Law, Torts, Family Law, Legal Research, Labour Law, Human Rights, Beef Cattle Production, Water resources, Animal Ecology, Rangeland management, Irrigation Agronomy, Tropical seed, Technology, Biometrics, Crop Protection, Plant Biotechnology.
- Candidates must be in possession of a First degree or its equivalent in designated disciplines from recognized universities.
- Additional higher degree as well as ability to communicate in French, Spanish and Portuguese Languages may be an added advantage.
- Lecturers in all disciplines must possess PhD or Masters degree with a minimum of 5 years lecturing experience.
- Knowledge of ICT is compulsory.
- They must have at least 3 years post NYSC experience.
- Candidates applying as Artisans must possess Full City and Guilds certificate and other professional certificates in their respective trades.
Deadline: 14th November, 2012
Method of Application
A typewritten application should be submitted to the Directorate with the following details:
Photocopies of Certificates
Photocopy of NYSC discharge Certificate/Exemption certificate
All foreign certificates are to be authenticated by the Federal Ministry of Education.
Applications should be addressed to:
Directorate of Technical Aids Corps
Ministry of Foreign Affairs
No. 35, Alex Ekwueme Way,
Cadastral Zone Jabi District,
Garki Main Post Office,
Candidates who had previously undergone orientation are still eligible and therefore need not apply.
Applications would not be entertained after closing date.
Required Experience: 3-5 year(s)
Desired Courses: Not SpecifiedIf any company or recruiter demands money from you, please report to us immediately. View list of fake recruiters/companies you should avoid Here
Tags: Federal Government of Nigeria jobs Nigerian Aid Corps Scheme jobs Federal Ministry of Foreign Affairs jobs Federal Government jobs
Some Related Jobs
Some Similiar Companies Currently Recruiting
Learn a Skill Today Postgraduate Certificate in Social Entrepreneurship and Innovation Monitoring and Evaluation of Projects
Companies & Reviews
Other Recent Jobs
- » Asphalt Supervisor at Randstad Construction Property Engineering
- » Matron at Freedom Foundation
- » Marketing Officer at 4 Dice Technology Ltd
- » National Knowledge Management Specialist On Integrated Analyses for a REDD+ Strategy in Nigeria, with focus on Cross River State at United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
- » BSS & MW Technician Cum Rigger at Spectranet
- » National Private Sector Investment Specialist on Integrated Analyses for a REDD+ Strategy in Nigeria, With Focus on Cross River State at United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
- » Business Strategy Consultant (Lagos, NG) at Ericsson Nigeria
- » Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Officer at A Reputable International NGO
- » Finance Director at JAGAL Group
- » Department Manager, Monitoring, Evaluation, and Research (MER) at Africa's mission
- » Network Support Officer at Arcelor Networks
- » Enterprise Engineer at Spectranet
- » Elevator Branch Manager at Global Elevator Company
- » Legal Officer I at Ambrose Alli University
- » Class Teacher at EZ37 Solutions Limited