Nigerian Army Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) Officers
Company: Nigerian Army
Location(s): Abia Abuja Adamawa Akwa ibom Anambra Bauchi Bayelsa Benue Borno Cross River Delta Edo Ebonyi Ekiti Enugu Gombe Imo Jigawa Kaduna Kano Katsina Kebbi Kogi Kwara Lagos Niger Ogun Ondo Osun Oyo Nassarawa Plateau Rivers Sokoto Taraba Yobe Zamfara Other
Specialization: Security / Intelligence
Industry: Security Agencies
Application Deadline: Job Listing Expired
Job Type: fulltime
Nigerian Army is recruiting for Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) officers
1. Applications are invited from eligible Nigerians for commission into the Nigerian Army (NA) as Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) officers for the following NA specialties.
CORPS AND SERVICES
2. Applications should be into any of the following Corps and Services of the NA:
a. Nigerian Army Engineers.
Applicants must possess a minimum of BSc, B Tech (Second Class Lower) degree or HND (Lower Credit) in any of the following areas: Civil Engineering, Land Surveying, Architecture, Water Engineering, Quantity Surveying, Hydrology, Building Engineering, Estate Surveying, Geology/ Geographic Information System, Electrical Engineering, Town Planning and Mechanical Engineering.
b. Nigerian Army Signals.
Applicants must possess a minimum of BSc (Second Class Lower) degree or HND (Lower Credit) in any of the following areas: Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Computer Engineering, Telecommunications Engineering, Satellite Communication, Computer Science and Management Information Systems.
c. Nigerian Army Intelligence Corps.
Applicants must possess a minimum of BSc, BA, B Eng (Second Class Lower) degree or HND (Lower Credit) in any of the following areas: French, Arabic, Portuguese and German Languages, Psychology, Computer Information Management, Computer Data Mining, Computer Systems, Criminology, Intelligence Analysis, Geography/Geographic Information System and Electrical/Electronic Engineering.
d. Nigerian Army Corps of Supply and Transport.
Applicants must possess a minimum of BSc (Second Class Lower) degree or HND (Lower Credit) in any of the following areas: Hotel and Catering Management, Food Technology/Nutrition, Food Science, Microbiology, Biotechnology, Purchasing and Supply, Transport Management and Petroleum Technology.
e. Nigerian Army Electrical and Mechanical Engineers.
Applicants must possess a minimum of BSc, B Tech (Second Class Lower) degree or HND (Lower Credit) in any of the following areas: Electrical Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Computer Engineering, Production Engineering, Material Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Automobile Engineering, Power Engineering, Mechatronics, Aeronautical Engineering, Instrument Engineering, Refrigeration and Air-conditioning (R & A) Technology, Metal Works, Communication Engineering, Computer/System Engineering, Welding Technology, Metallurgical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Control Engineering, Information Technology/Science, Biomedical Engineering, Engineering Physics and Manufacturing Engineering.
f. Nigerian Army Medical Corps.
(1) General Duty Medical/Dental Officers. Applicants must possess MBBS/BDS or equivalents with not more than 5 years post – qualification experience and must be fully registered with the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria.
(2) General Pharmacists. Applicants must possess B Pharm and must be registered with the Pharmacist Council of Nigeria.
(3) Dental Technologists and Dental Therapists. Applicants must possess a minimum of BSc (Second Class Lower) degree or HND (Lower Credit) in Dental Technology and Dental Therapy and must be registered with relevant professional bodies.
(4) General Nurses and Midwives. Applicants must possess RN/M or minimum of BSc (Second Class Lower) degree in Nursing with full registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria.
(5) Epidemiologist/Health Statistics. Applicants must possess a minimum of BSc (Second Class Lower) degree in the following areas: Medical Statistics, Epidemiology.
(6) Mental Health and Psychology. Applicants must possess a minimum of BSc (Second Class Lower) degree in any of the following areas: Mental Health, Clinical Psychology.
(7) Health Educators and Social Workers. Applicants must possess MPH in Health Education or BSc (Second Class Lower) in Health Education/Social work/counseling.
(8) Environmental Health Officers. Applicants must possess a minimum of HND (Lower Credit)/WAHEB plus EHORECON Professional Registered Certificates.
(9) Human Nutritionist. Applicants must possess a minimum of BSc (Second Class Lower) degree in Nutrition.
(10) Community Health Officers. Applicants must possess CHO professional certificates with not less than 5 years post qualification experience.
(11) Health Information Managers. Applicants must possess a minimum of BSc (Second Class Lower) degree or HND (Lower Credit) in Health Management Information System.
(12) Medical Imaging Scientist/Radiographers. Applicants must possess a minimum of BSc (Second Class Lower) degree in Imaging Science or Radiography.
(13) Medical Laboratory Scientists. Applicants must possess a Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Science (BMLS)/AIMLS/AIMLT degree with minimum of (Second Class Lower).
(14) Optometrist. Applicants must possess Doctor of Optometry (D. Optometry) degree and must be registered with the appropriate professional body.
Note: All applicants for Medical Corps, are expected to present proof of registration with their professional regulatory bodies and current practicing license.
g. Nigerian Army Ordnance Corps.
Applicants must possess a minimum of BSc, B Engr, BA (Second Class Lower) degree or HND (Lower Credit) in any of the following areas: Purchasing and Supply, Chemistry, Computer Science & Engineering, Economics, Business Administration, Public Administration, Ballistics, Physics, Production Engineering, Textile & Material Management and Logistics & Supply Management.
h. Nigerian Army Corps of Military Police. Applicants must possess LLB BL, and a minimum of BSc, BA (Second Class Lower) degree or HND (Lower Credit) in any of the following areas: Criminology, Forensic Science, Sociology and Psychology.
i. Nigerian Army Finance Corps. Applicants must possess a minimum of BSc (Second Class Lower) degree or HND (Lower Credit) in any of the following areas: Economics, Accounting, Computer Science and Business Administration. Membership of ICAN and ANAN could be an added advantage.
j. Nigerian Army Education Corps.
Applicants must possess a minimum of BSc, BA, B Ed(Second Class Lower) degree or HND (Lower Credit) in any of the following areas: French, Arabic, Portuguese, Spanish, Library/Information Science, Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics, Biology, Printing, Museum/Archival Studies, Geography and English.
k. Nigerian Army Band Corps.
Applicants must possess a minimum of BA (Second Class Lower) degree or HND (Lower Credit) in Music.
l. Directorate of Chaplain Services (Protestant).
Applicants must possess minimum of BA (Second Class Lower) degree in Pastoral Psychology, New Testament Theology, Old Testament Theology, Pastoral Counseling and Child Evangelism from any of the Seminaries/Universities recognized by the NA Directorate of Chaplain Services (Protestant). Applicants must belong to one of the 18 major denominations of the protestant faith. Soldier applicants must have served NA with a minimum of 5 years experience in Chaplaincy work.
m. Directorate of Chaplain Services (Roman Catholic). Applicants must possess a minimum of Bachelor (Second Class Lower) degree in any of the following areas: Philosophy and Theology from a Roman Catholic approved seminary, affiliated to a National Universities Commission accredited University or Urbanian University, Rome. Applicants must have good standing in the church and be also released by a Diocesan Bishop. Applicants must be vetted and recommended by the NA Directorate of Chaplain Services (Roman Catholic).
n. Directorate of Islamic Affairs.
Applicants must possess a minimum of BA, B Ed (Second Class Lower) degree in Arabic and Islamic Studies, LLB Sharia with Diploma in Arabic from recognized Nigerian universities, Azhar University, Cairo or Saudi University. Each applicant would be required to produce testimony of excellent character from a reputable religious organization in Nigeria. Applicants must be able to speak English Language.
o. Directorate of Army Public Relations.
Applicants must possess a minimum of BSc, BA (Second Class Lower) degree or HND (Lower Credit) in any of the following areas: Mass Communication, Printing, Graphic Design, Public Relations and Advertising and English.
p. Directorate of Legal Services (Army).
Applicants must possess LLB BL. Legal practice of 2 years and above is an added advantage.
q. Directorate of Army Physical Training.
Applicants must possess a minimum of BSc (Second Class Lower) degree or HND (Lower Credit) in any of the following areas: Human Kinetics, Physical and Health Education (Specialist), Health Education, Physical Education, Sports Administration (Post Graduate), Coaching Certificate (HND/NIS), Physiotherapy and Sports Psychology.
3. An applicant must fulfill the following:
a. Be a Nigerian as defined in the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
b. Be male or female between the ages of 22 and 35 years as at Sep. 2013 for both serving personnel and civilians. Individuals applying to any of the Chaplain Services or Directorate Islamic Affairs are to be between the ages of 22 and 40 years as at Sep. 2013.
c. Be medically and physically fit.
d. Measure not less than 1.68m (for male) and 1.65m (for female) in height.
e. Must not have been convicted by any court of law.
f. Possess a minimum of first degree of not less than Second Class Lower Division from a recognized University or HND from a recognized Polytechnic of not less than Lower Credit.
g. Applicants (less serving members of the Armed Forces) must have completed the NYSC Scheme or provide proof of exemption as the case may be.
h. Graduates with registrable professional qualifications must be duly registered by relevant bodies recognized by Nigerian Laws at the commencement of cadet training.
i. Possess valid birth certificate endorsed by the National Population Commission, Hospital or Local Government Council of birth or valid age declaration.
j. Possess a valid certificate of state of origin.
k. Recommended by at least 2 recognizable referees who must attest to the applicant’s character and integrity. Serving military personnel must be recommended by their commanders.
CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
4. Direct Short Service Commission will be granted for 10 years, for an initial probation period of 3 years, renewable yearly for another period of 7 years. Direct Regular Commission may be granted on conversion after 3 years as commissioned officer.
5. All selected candidates will be required to undergo an initial military training.
6. Officer cadets who successfully complete the military training shall be granted the rank of lieutenant with no advantage of seniority except for fully registered Medical Doctors, Architects, Lawyers and holders of doctorate degree in fields relevant to individual Service who will be commissioned in the same rank but with 3 months seniority.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
7. The following will apply:
a. All applications are to be made online. Application Fee is N2,500.00.
b. To apply:
(1) Obtain a PIN Code from any branch of Ecobank nationwide upon the payment of N2,500.00 Application Fee to the designated cashier with effect from 27 Mar 2013.
(2) Logon to www.nigerianarmyms.org
(3) Select Direct Short Service Commission.
(4) Enter basic details as requested alongside the PIN Code.
(5) Login to begin filling the forms and upload documents and passport.
c. Print Out.
Applicants are to complete the form online and upload all required documents stated in the general instructions. Applicants must print out their online generated photo-card on completion of their application. Successful applicants are required to present their printed photo-cards to the selection board during interview.
8. All applications must be submitted not later than 12 May 2013.
9. For further information, you may call 09-8734009 between 0900 and 1700hrs from Mondays to Fridays.
Department of Military Secretary
Required Experience: 0-1 year(s)
Desired Courses: Not SpecifiedIf any company or recruiter demands money from you, please report to us immediately. View list of fake recruiters/companies you should avoid Here
Tags: Nigerian Army jobs Nigerian Army Direct Short Service Commission jobs Direct Short Service Commission jobs
Some Related Jobs
Some Similiar Companies Currently Recruiting
Companies & Reviews
Other Recent Jobs
- » Technical Sales Manager 5 at GE Energy Management
- » Sales & Marketing Executive at Learning Solutions Nigeria
- » Cooperative Officer at Nigeria Union of Teachers (NUT)
- » Assistant to the Vice President, OIVP at African Development Bank (AfDB)
- » Head, LOB & Knowledge Management at KPMG Nigeria
- » Digital/Brand Communication Officer at Kaduna Electricity Distribution Company
- » Talent Recruitment Leader, Sub Saharan Africa at GE Corporate
- » Latest Vacancy at Medecins Sans Frontieres: Field Communications Manager (FCM)
- » Job for Retail General Manager - East Africa at Global Travel Retail Group
- » Vacancies at Gloo.ng: Software Engineer (PHP/Magento)
- » Urgent Vacancy at WEConnect International: Male Ushers
- » Neglected Tropical Diseases Officer- DFID UNITED at Helen Keller International (HKI)
- » Subject Teachers at James Hope College
- » Latest Logistics Job Opportunity at SABMiller Plc
- » Vacancy for Manager, Policies & Processes at Standard Chartered Bank