YEDI is a local nigerian NGO and a non profit arm of a consulting company, Coxswain Social Investment plus (CSI+). YEDI was created in November 2011 and has experienced significant growth and traction since its creation.
YEDI is dedicated to introduce effective or innovative development approaches that have been trialed and tested elsewhere on the continent to the Nigerian settings. The programmes and projects adopted by the organization focus on educating, empowering and inspiring the development of children and youth.
Currently YEDI has a principal program called Grazrutsoka, a model coming from South Africa and implemented in more than 18 coountries on the african continent since its creation in 2001. Grazrutsoka is a sports for development program that uses football as a vehicle to raise HIV/AIDS and malaria awareness towards children and youth and provide them with life and coping skills. It was introduced in Nigeria end of 2011 with very good uptake and success and expanded into more than a 100 schools in 2012.
For the year of 2013 the target is to reach more than 12,000 Nigerian through in-school, summer camp and out of school programmes while establishing the platform for continued growth and expansion beyond Lagos.
About the position
YEDI is currently accepting applications from experienced and enthusiastic persons about participating in youth empowerment and health awareness while fully embracing the challenges of working in a start-up but dynamic and creative environment with lots of opportunities and tractions.
The Out-of-School Program Coordinator is overall responsible for providing administrative, operational and programmatic support for the program’s department. The primary objective is designing and implementing YEDIs holiday camps and out-of-school activities e.g. in orphanages, faith-based organizations or disadvantaged populations beyond the school setting.
The position is a performance based position with clear, identified goals and objectives. The candidate’s success will be defined by his/her ability to:
• Design holiday programs that over the course of July-August will benefit and graduate more than 4000 youth across Lagos
• Identifies and delivers interventions to 1000 disadvantaged, out-of-school youth.
Key Tasks and Main Responsibilities:
- Overall responsible for the planning, implementation and management of all activities undertaken to achieve the overall goals set for out-of-school youths
- Actively seek out venues, schools, sports clubs and other strategic partners to ensure the interventions can take place (school boards, state and local authorities) .
- Ensures necessary approvals are obtained for service delivery
- Interacts closely with head of programs, professional or semi professional coaches, directors and opinion leaders to assess their level of satisfaction and areas for improvement.
- Seek out and develop new strategies for ensuring corporate sponsorships for summer camps or out of school activities.
- Build strong and essential relationship with communities, local authorities, local partners relevant to the programs
- Actively engage, listen and get buy in from communities, local authorities and ministries into YEDI programs
- Engage with team of coaches and other YEDi staff to ensure full satisfaction with and close collaboration on out of school interventions
Qualification and skills required:
- BA or Masters Degree and 2-5 years of work experience from NGOs, Foundation or Private Sector
- Motivated and passionate about the vision, mission and values of YEDI.
- Excellent interpersonal and diplomatic skills
- Exceptional written, oral and presentation persuasion skills
- Personal integrity and credibility
- Strong and co-operative team player
- Outstanding motivational skills and ability to enthuse teams and children alike
- Ability to build networks and create connections
- Proven ability to prioritise and highly organised
- Prior woking experience in football clubs, sports clubs or as volunteer a strong advantage
Remuneration will be based on candidates qualifications and documented salary history.
Please forward your CV, writing sample and a letter of motivation to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Min Required Experience: 3-5 year(s)
Min Qualification: Bachelor's Degree/HND
Desired Courses: Not Specified