2014 Global Geoscience Campus
Specialization: Graduate /Fresher/ Trainings
Industry: Oil and Gas / Mining
Application Deadline: Job Listing Expired
Job Type: fulltime
Job or Campus Folder: 2014 Global Geoscience Campus*
Job Description: Degree/Discipline Needed
BS, MS or PhD Geology, quantitative background advantageous
BS, MS or PhD Geophysics, geologic background advantageous
What are we looking for?
- A diverse group of talented geoscientists with the ability to integrate knowledge, ideas and skills to solve geologic problems across exploration, and production functions; Judgement and speed in application of geoscience tools and techniques; and, a desire to maintain their competitive advantage through advanced training and superior technological understanding.
- Exploration and production geologists and geophysicists
- ExxonMobil is interested in finding outstanding scientists who have a strong fundamental background in the earth sciences, physical sciences, and mathematics. We have excellent proprietary capabilities in teaching petroleum science and technology, and therefore do not require new geoscientists to have any prior petroleum course work or experience. There is, however, a requirement for demonstrated leadership, adaptability, teamwork, excellent communication skills in English, and a commitment to high safety and ethical standards. The company regards its global and long-term approach to hiring and career development as the foundation of its future success as a company, and as a source of great opportunity for scientists who want to grow their skills and capabilities for a long-term career.
Geoscience careers with ExxonMobil also offer the opportunity to perform basic and applied research in seeking new ways to find and recover petroleum supplies. Our research programs reflect exploration and production business strategies; for example, pursuing attractive exploration opportunities, developing production from new fields, and maximizing economic recovery from existing fields. We maintain close relationships with ExxonMobil operating organizations around the world. A primary means for transferring technology to ExxonMobil operations is through research applications in which results of recent research are applied to a wide range of exploration and production problems. In many cases, these technical experts are made available to ExxonMobil operating organizations through temporary or regular assignments.
ExxonMobil is dedicated to an ongoing recruiting program and our geoscience internship is one avenue we pursue to find qualified candidates. Each year, ExxonMobil hires bright and energetic students who are participating in an MS or Ph.D. program. Internships are available year round.
Typical Work Location:
Initial assignments in exploration, production, development or research are typically in Houston, Texas. Longer-term assignments could be in Houston or one of our international offices located around the globe.
Typical Starting Opportunities:
Geoscientists with ExxonMobil have the opportunity to develop a wide range of skills and expertise throughout their careers. Multiple assignments in operations and/or research ensure the needed breadth and depth of experience and expertise for success. Geoscientists have opportunities to develop broad backgrounds necessary to do exploration and production mapping and prospecting or to specialize in various technical aspects of the exploration and production process.
- Exploration assignments are done at the prospect to play scales and focus on discovering and assessing new fields. Regional/frontier teams integrate data on play to basin scales to identify areas for future exploration or to better define an existing exploration trend. New opportunity teams typically work in areas where new concessions or discoveries have been made to test new prospects of confirm existing discoveries to determine whether or when production operations should commence.
- Production assignments are done at the reservoir to field scales and focus on defining, developing and depleting new or mature exiting fields. A strong emphasis in these assignments will be to build skills in integrating and interpreting geological and geophysical data, such as core/cuttings, fluids, outcrops, and seismic, using advanced mapping, interpretation, modeling and other techniques.
- Development assignments are in projects transitioning from exploration to production and the experiences and skills learned will be a combination of both.
- Fundamental and applied research opportunities also exist for PhD applicants in three general areas:
- Hydrocarbon systems research includes, geochemistry, basin evolution, structural dynamics, petrophysics and geomechanics
- Reservoir performance prediction research includes controls on flow in clastic and carbonate reservoirs, geologic modeling and visualization
- Geophysics research includes advanced processing, acquisition, interpretation and modeling of seismic and other geophysical data
- Research in all areas includes a significant component of field studies and takes advantage of state-of-the-art analytical and experimental laboratories and processing and numerical modeling capabilities.
Employment Type University Student Seeking Full-Time Employment
Required Experience: 0-1 year(s)
Desired Courses: Not SpecifiedIf any company or recruiter demands money from you, please report to us immediately. View list of fake recruiters/companies you should avoid Here
Some Related Jobs
Some Similiar Companies Currently Recruiting
Learn a Skill Today Free Microsoft Office Training
Companies & Reviews
Other Recent Jobs
- » Administrative Officer II at Mountain Top University (MTU)
- » Change Manager at Save the Children
- » Production Manager at Graceco Limited
- » Regional Business Head (RBH) at Saro Agrosciences Limited
- » Receptionist and Marketing Officer at Afordonz Consulting Limited
- » Programmes Manager at Eduplan Limited
- » HR & Office Manager (Nigeria) at Proserv
- » Marketing Manager - Furniture (Expatriate at Paramount Wood Works Ltd
- » Field Epidemiology Training Program Basic Resident Advisor at The QED Group
- » Credit Officer at First Choice Leasing Limited
- » Chief Supervisor (Porter) at Hallmark University
- » Exciting Job Vacancies for Principal Security Officer at Mountain Top University (MTU)
- » Sales Manager at The Blowfish Hotel
- » Country Manager Nigeria at Black Pen Recruitment
- » EHOD Legal at Vodacom Business Nigeria