As Principal Officer and Chief Administrative Officer of the University, the Registrar shall be responsible to the Vice – Chancellor for the day – to – day administration of the University except for financial matters for which the Bursar is responsible. The Registrar is also the Secretary to the Board of Trustees, Governing Council, Senate, Convocation, Congregation and other statutory committees. He/she is responsible for safe custody and update of University records and publications. In addition, he/she is to advise the Vice -Chancellor in accordance with the University law and statutes.
- Possess a good University honours degree and at least fifteen (15) years post qualification experience, with a minimum of five (5) years as Deputy Registrar in a University. Possession of a higher degree or membership of a recognized professional body will be an added advantage.
- Have demonstrable integrity
- Be conversant with the intricacies and peculiarities of the university system
- Have a clear vision for the development of the university with ability to implement the vision
- Have strong leadership skills with ability to inspire and motivate subordinates; and be in good physical and mental health
- Be proficient in the use of computer.
Conditions of Service:
The Registrar shall hold office for a period of three (3) years in the first instance and may be re-appointed for a further period of three (3) years twice and more.
The remuneration and other conditions of service are comparable to the post of Registrar in Nigerian Universities, and as may be determined by the Council and Proprietor from time-to-time.
Method of Application:
Interested candidates for any of the two positions are requested to submit fifteen (15) sets of application letter and comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (attaching copies of relevant credentials). The format of the Curriculum Vitae is attached.
Applications should forwarded under confidential cover in a sealed envelope stating at the top left hand corner, the post applied for and addressed to:
KM 26, Abuja – Keffi Expressway
P.M.B 005, New Karu
Candidates are advised to request three of their referees to forward reports on them under confidential cover, to the Registrar, Bingham University.
All applications and referees reports should be submitted on or before Monday, 30th September, 2013.
Min Required Experience: 15+ year(s)
Min Qualification: Bachelor's Degree/HND
Desired Courses: Not Specified