2014 Graduate Field Specialist Programme
Job Number: 1407764
Job: Field Service
About this job:
- Field Specialists form the operational backbone of Baker Hughes, performing skilled technical services, usually at the wellsite. Field Specialists carry out a demanding, hands-on role, often working in harsh and challenging environments, making use of all the latest technologies to deliver solutions to our clients. Field specialists lead the delivery of services and products to our clients. Field specialists work in close collaboration with our clients in offshore and onshore locations to ensure flawless and safe execution of the various services that are offered under Baker Hughes. Field Specialists will participate in the structured Field Specialist Development Program (FSDP) to quickly become competent with our technologies and processes taking them from a basic level to an advanced level in their assigned product line.
- There is no doubt that the job of a Field Specialist is demanding, both mentally and physically. When at the rig site you will be required to work 12 hours shifts (day or night). You might also be required to work extra hours depending on the operational demand. Depending on your product line you may be assembling, moving and operating heavy equipment, in all weather conditions during day and night hours.
- The role will require extensive time away from home to undertake training or to gain hands on experience. You may also be required to work weekends and public holidays as business needs dictate. You should expect to work in a variety of environments including workshops and on rig sites; either on land or offshore. Field specialists are expected to do a lot of travelling between their assigned operating bases and remote oilfield locations. If you prefer a typical office job with normal office hours from morning till afternoon then the Field specialist position is not the best fit for you.
- The FSDP involves theoretical and hands-on learning to allow you to become a technical expert in your assigned product line. The FSDP consists of four developmental steps, the first step to be completed within 12 months. In your first year you can expect to work under supervision and to participate in instructor led training. After the first year, your progress will be self paced and you will continue to increase your technical competencies through instructor led training courses and on the job training. As you progress through FSDP you will be expected to increase your technical capabilities and work with minimal supervision as you master the delivery of basic and advanced services in your product line. Although you are likely to stay and build your career in the field, once you complete the FSDP, you can move into various roles, including field operations, technical support, application engineering, sales or management.
Key responsibilities / accountabilities:
You will be assigned to a specific Baker Hughes product line whose activities may include:
- artificial lift
- completion systems
- drill bits
- drilling fluids
- drilling services
- formation evaluation
- integrated operations
- intelligent production systems
- pressure pumping
- reservoir navigation services
- sand control systems
- specialty chemicals
- surface logging services
- wellbore intervention
- wireline services.
Depending upon your product line assignment, you will be involved in technical activities which could include:
- Assembling and deploying downhole equipment at a base location prior to being dispatched to the wellsite. Downhole equipment may be a combination of electrically, mechanically, or hydraulically activated and operated specialized equipment
- Calibrating, maintaining and troubleshooting downhole equipment in the base or at the wellsite
- Setting up, operating and removing downhole equipment at the well site.
- Generating technical reports and data for the client
- Performing warehousing and logistical activities.
Min Required Experience: 0-1 year(s)
Desired Courses: Not Specified
Essential qualifications / requirements:
- You must have the legal right to work in the country in which you apply.
- Field Specialists must have completed a two-to-three-year qualification in a technical or engineering- related subject in the past 36 months. Oilfield Experience is not a must.
- In addition you have relevant work experience (paid or unpaid), or you are able to demonstrate practical/technical capability through internships, summer jobs or hobbies.
- The business language of Baker Hughes is English, so as you progress through your career, there is an expectation that a good command of the English language may be required for you to fulfil your role effectively. English competency requirements will vary based on location and business needs.
- without company sponsorship or time restriction.
Preferred qualifications / requirements:
- We are looking for people who are motivated and persistent, as well as resilient and adaptable. Creative problem-solving and strong communication and interpersonal skills is also preferred.
- A valid driver's license may be required in some locations.
Application Closing Date:
21st April, 2014
If any company or recruiter demands money from you, please report to us immediately. View list of fake recruiters/companies you should avoid Here
Sorry this Job Listing has Expired
Some Related Jobs
➝ View More Similar Jobs
Hilton Worldwide - Not Specified
May & Baker Nigeria Plc - Ogun
A reputable International School - Oyo
Some Similiar Companies Currently Recruiting
➝ View More Companies Recruiting
4 Positions - Not Specified
1 Position - Not Specified