College, university, or equivalent degree in sales, marketing, or a related subject or equivalent industry experience required.
Required Skills & Experience:
Skills - Leadership:
- Solid understanding of how to think strategically
- Encourages and empowers others to achieve; establishes challenging performance standards; creates enthusiasm, a feeling of investment, and a desire to excel
- Ability to create an atmosphere in which timely and high quality information flows smoothly between self and others; encourages the open expression of ideas and opinions
- Ability to develop plans that are thorough, realistic, and effective in meeting goals
- Ability to manage the performance of self and others through the use of structured tools and effective delegation
- Ability to analyze issues by gathering relevant information systematically and considering a broad range of issues or factors.
- Ability to accurately assesses strength and development needs of employees; give timely, specific feedback and helpful coaching; provide challenging assignments and opportunities for development
Skills - Technical:
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams in implementation of customer or territory projects and improvement activities
- Ability to develop rapport, build trust, and create value in relationships with customers and channel partners
- Ability to establish a plan for a call, set call objectives, develop a call strategy, and conduct and close the call. Incorporates Sales Dialogue Skills (Listening and Probing)
- Ability to assess the support needs of the territory or customer, develop and deliver the training, policies and programs to support them and establishes a communication network
- Ability to understand profitability performance and reasons for variation with appropriate actions to address and ensure maximization of margin across product lines
- Ability to identify and execute the key initiatives to achieve goals with customers and/or channel partners
- Ability to effectively and clearly communicate in both written and verbal means
- Ability to understand and act on financial information.
- Identifies, recognizes, and uses negotiating tactics; understands and knows how to develop and leverage power in a negotiation.
- Ability to recognize and execute opportunities to up-sell.