Financial Controller (Operations)
Reporting to the chief financial officer (CFO), the Financial Controller will be responsible for oversight of all finance; accounting and reporting activities for daily operations. The Controller will be involved in supporting presentations to the board finance and audit committee and will work closely with the senior leadership team.
The FC will lead all day-to-day finance operations of a budget of approximately N2b and supervise a team geographically dispersed team of about 10 staff members including functional responsibility over accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, and budget administration. The FC will ensure that the company has the systems and procedures in place to support effective program implementation and conduct flawless audits. The Controller will work closely with BU leaders and their teams, not only to educate them regarding finance and accounting procedures but also to explore how the finance function can support business operations.
In addition, s/he will partner with the CFO, senior leadership, and the human resources (HR) and information technology (IT) staff to enhance and better integrate finance, HR, and IT functions.
- Ensures that effective and efficient internal controls, policies, and procedures are implemented.
- Assumes the ultimate responsibility at the P&L or functional level for the integrity of the financial statements and compliance to IFRS and other reporting/regulatory standards and requirements.
- Ensures that accounting policies in accordance with IFRS, SEC rules, local statutory requirements and THE COMPANY Accounting Policy.
- Ensures effective procedures and controls surrounding the timely closing of the financial records including review for accuracy (including cut-off and classification), variance analysis and explanation, business review.
- Reconciliation, Analysis and Monitoring of Accounts & Budgeting/Forecasting
- Responsible for overseeing P&L and functional controlling team with primary focus, but not limited to, receivable management, payable management, inventory management, capital investment, demand creation investments (and structure).
- Working closely with operations to assist in the preparation of strategic plans
- Performing self assessments of the control environment and preparing and delivering improvement plans.
- Monthly group consolidations
- Assisting with ERP implementation
- Improvement of weekly, monthly & quarterly reporting
- Assisting on ad hoc projects
- Balance sheet review
- Cash flow forecasting & consolidation
- Degree in Accounting, Finance,Business Administration/Economics
- Must be a Chartered Accountant,
- Appropriate additional degree, e.g. MBA and/or other professional qualification
- 8 – 10 years extensive experience in financial analysis, financial/strategic planning, accounting, and budgeting.
- Minimum of 4 years of proven people management experience
- Excellent knowledge of strategic planning, budgeting, investment analysis, economic profit analysis.
- Very good financial skills and knowledge, expert knowledge of accounting, IFRS, and statutory requirements.
- Experience in managing a local P&L
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong intellect, analytical skills, results-oriented with a personal impact and a sense of urgency
- High integrity, transparency, authority, confidence, maturity
Min Required Experience: 7-10 year(s)
Min Qualification: Bachelor's Degree/HND
Desired Courses: Not Specified