Head of Continuous Improvement Department
REPORTS TO: CEO/ED
JOB PURPOSE: This position is responsible for leading the Continuous Improvement initiatives in different SOPs under Executive Director Structure, which is under consideration. This position will provide leadership, planning, technical direction, communication and coaching skills to the team members to ensure determination and effective execution of the improvement projects.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND INFLUENCE:
- Drives Continuous Improvement to quantitatively and qualitatively improve costs, quality, and service.
- Train and educate the organization and implement continuous improvement methodologies including but not limited to PDCA (Plan DO Check
- Act), 6 Sigma, 5S, Lean, OEE (Overall Equipment Effectiveness), CEDAC –
- Cause & Effect Diagram with the Addition of Cards, and others.
- Responsible for improving data integrity and developing improvement plans based on the data.
- Supports safety as a top priority - in training, job design, ergonomics, and regulatory compliance.
- Focused on SOP wide issues and inter-SOP initiatives including developing synergies and business opportunities to optimize other areas of business.
- Partner with HR leadership on broader training plans and processes.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, SKILLS, AND ATTRIBUTES:
- Leadership and Management
- Systemic problem solver, implementing solutions to solve root cause problems. Creates an environment that encourages and rewards teamwork and collaboration, both internally and externally.
- Inspires team spirit and loyalty to the organization.
- Able to handle multiple, complex priorities and balance the needs of each according to business impact.
- Coaching, Motivating, and Mentoring
- Sets expectations, tracks and communicates results, and creates environment for accountability for results and actions.
- Understands and uses individual and team development tools
- Is confident to give people space to learn and make mistakes.
- Strong written, oral, communications and facilitation skills.
- Excellent listener. Empathetic and compassionate to individuals
- concerns and directs necessary follow-up actions.
- Effective in small and large group sessions.
- Conveys information in understandable terms at all levels of the organization and through proper channels.
- Creative and change-oriented Continuous Improvement process skills.
- Strong ability to learn.
- High energy. Assertive, energetic, and a self-starter
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- College degree in engineering and/or economics, or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of successful managerial experience with increasing levels of responsibility.
- Experience in a variety of Integrated Utility areas (production, distribution, commercial, technical support function)
If any company or recruiter demands money from you, please report to us immediately. View how to detect fake recruiters/companies