We have a fantastic role for a Business Development Executive within the Sub-Sahara African region. We are looking for a dynamic personality with experience in improving our market position whilst achieving financial growth. You will define long-term organisational strategic goals, build key customer relationships, identify business opportunities, negotiates and close business deals and maintains extensive knowledge of current market conditions.
However, the primary role is to prospect for new clients by networking within the sector and other means of generating interest from potential clients. You must be able to plan persuasive approaches and pitches that will convince potential clients to do business with the company. You must develop a rapport with new clients, and set targets for sales and
provide support that will continually improve the relationship. You are also required to grow and retain existing accounts by presenting new solutions and mservices to clients.
Strategic planning is a key part of this job description, since it is your responsibility to develop the pipeline of new
business coming into the company. This requires a thorough knowledge of the market, the solutions/services the company can provide, and of the company’s competitors. While the exact responsibilities will vary from company to company, the main duties of the Business Development Executive can be summarized as follows:
New Business Development:
- Find potential new customers, present to them, ultimately convert them into clients, and continue to grow business in the future.
- Prospect for potential new clients and turn this into increased business.
- Cold call as appropriate within your market or geographic area to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities.
- Meet potential clients by growing, maintaining, and leveraging your network.
- Identify potential clients, and the decision makers within the client organisation.
- Research and build relationships with new clients.
- Set up meetings between client decision makers and company’s practice leaders.
- Plan approaches and pitches.
- Work with team to develop proposals that speaks to the client’s needs, concerns, and objectives.
- Participate in pricing the solution/service.
- Handle objections by clarifying, emphasizing agreements and working through differences to a positive conclusion.
- Use a variety of styles to persuade or negotiate appropriately.
- Present an image that mirrors that of the client.
- Manage existing clients and ensure they stay satisfied.
- Present new products and services and enhance existing relationships.
- Call on clients, often being required to make presentations on solutions and services that meet or predict clients’ future
- Work with technical staff and other internal colleagues to meet customer needs.
- Arrange and participate in internal and external client debriefs.
Business Development Planning:
- Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends.
- Present to and consult with mid and senior level management on business trends with a view to developing new services, products, and distribution channels.
- Identify opportunities for services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales.
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators.
Management and Research:
- Submit weekly progress reports and ensure data is accurate.
- Ensure that data is accurately entered and managed within the company’s CRM or other sales management system.
- Forecast sales targets and ensure they are met by the team.
- Track and record activity on accounts and help to close deals to meet these targets.
- Ensure all team members represent the company in the best light.
- Present business development training and mentoring to other internal staff.
- Research and develop a thorough understanding of the company’s people and capabilities.
- Understand the company’s goal and purpose so that will continual to enhance the company’s performance.
If any company or recruiter demands money from you, please report to us immediately. View how to detect fake recruiters/companies