Vodacom Business (Vodacom Nigeria), a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Vodacom Group, is a leading pan-African corporate connectivity and telecommunications provider that has brought affordable and reliable connectivity to Africa since 1992. In that time, we have built strong relationships in the sectors that are driving the continent’s economic growth; helping them stay connected across Africa, and to the rest of the world.
Our experience in African telecommunications spans over two decades and today, we connect over 1200 of the continent’s largest and leading corporations in over 40 countries. We work closely with multinationals in all sectors of African commerce – from banking and finance, oil and gas, mining and construction right through to retail and distribution , as well as tourism.
Job Title: Chief Accountant
Reporting to: Finance Director
Job type: Full-time
Employment Type: Permanent
Closing Date: 31 January 2015
Key roles / Qualification:
- Ensuring that the company’s financial activities are conducted in a legal, accurate, timely manner and are maximized for stakeholders’ benefit.
- Generate monthly operating reports, forecasts, half and full year statutory accounts and annual budget, ensuring timeliness, accuracy, relevance, good presentation and compliance with company policies.
- Required to collate, interpret and analyse accounting and financial information and offer regular and timely advice to management on trends, behaviours, reactions and developments with implication for business operations.
- The job holder must have a bachelor degree in accountancy or any related discipline with a minimum of Second Class Upper/Upper Credit. ACA/ACCA qualified with at least 10 years cognate corporate reporting experience. Possession of an MBA/Masters’ degree in relevant discipline will be an added advantage.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts;
- Preparation & management of budgets;
- Design of control systems for process optimization and (where required) and to safeguarding the assets of the company;
- Review & monitoring of operational expenses;
- Assets & Liabilities Management & review;
- Work with other line managers ensure all group related reporting deliverables for monthly, quarterly, half-yearly and yearly are met;
- Coordinate the preparation of statutory accounts and supporting the audit planning activities;
- Reporting under IFRS, be responsible for the compliance in financial reporting and will contribute to on-going development of financial reporting requirements, through the development and implementation of effective accounting & financial controls and policies;
- Liaise with external auditors, tax practitioners and other consultants to ensure the company complies with all government laws and regulations;
- Any other assignments delegated by the Financial Director.
Min Required Experience: 10-15 year(s)
Min Qualification: Bachelor's Degree/HND
Desired Courses: Not Specified
- Strong technical accounting skills including a depth of knowledge of IFRS and its business application preferably from a
- Telecommunication or manufacturing company.
- Ability to research and report on various technical accounting issues.
- Very comfortable with Microsoft office applications, SAGE & HFM Accounting Package.
- Big 4 audit firm experience highly desired.
- A graduate of accountancy or any related discipline with a minimum of Second Class Upper.
- Excellent Communication Skills (Verbal and written)
- Strong presentation skills
- Exceptional analytical problem solving skills
- Attention to details
- Financial and Quantitative Analysis skills
- Innovative thinking
- Highly organized and efficient
- Excellent interpersonal skills
Should you meet the above requirements please submit your C.Vs via the apply button