Vodacom Business (Vodacom Nigeria), a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Vodacom Group, is a leading pan-African corporate connectivity and telecommunications provider that has brought affordable and reliable connectivity to Africa since 1992. In that time, we have built strong relationships in the sectors that are driving the continent’s economic growth; helping them stay connected across Africa, and to the rest of the world.
Our experience in African telecommunications spans over two decades and today, we connect over 1200 of the continent’s largest and leading corporations in over 40 countries. We work closely with multinationals in all sectors of African commerce – from banking and finance, oil and gas, mining and construction right through to retail and distribution , as well as tourism.
Job Title: EHOD, Commercial
Reporting to: Managing Director
Job type: Full-time
Employment type: Permanent
Closing date: 28 February 2015
- The job holder will be responsible for the strategic leadership, direction and development of new commercial opportunities involving product management and development, marketing, pricing, special bids and pre-sales activities in Nigeria.
- The job holder must have a Bachelor Degree or Commercial discipline from a reputable university with a minimum of of 10 years Commercial Management experience; inclusive of management in the ICT Industry (essential), with pricing principals, in a Telco, ISP, or related ICT services industry.
- Bid/Tender exposure preferred.
- 5 years Leadership/Management/Supervisory experience essential.
- Formulate the Commercial Operations Strategy for VBN.
- Oversee that the clients’ contracts are being correctly managed and monitored.
- Lead and Manage the VBN Bid team.
- Ensure customer pricing is competitive and accurate.
- Ensure pricing models are kept up-to-date and are in accordance with business best practice.
- Provide holistic commercial evaluation of deals.
- Provide an executive summary of Bid commercials for Management signoff.
- Monitor and track performance against the set targets for the Commercial Operations team.
- Manage the entire product line life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities.
- Identify, Negotiate and coordinate team resources across various groups within the organization whose inputs are required to make product(s) amendments, support growth and meet customer demands.
- Analyse potential partner relationships for the product.
- Put in place business performance metrics that allows the success of the product to be monitored and measured.
- Keep tab of competitive threats, discover opportunities, and work on envisaged weaknesses to constantly position the company to achieve set vision.
- Oversee the development and implementation of the brand strategy.
- Develop and implement a Marketing Strategy which reflects priorities outlined in the company’s Strategic Plan – including campaigns, communications, events and PR.
- Work closely with the sales team; enabling them to meet their commercial objectives by providing them with appropriate tools, materials and presentations.
- Participate in pre-sales solution formulation through system deployment; including bid preparation and customer interface resulting in solutions architecture proposals.
- Oversee the preparation of the technical solutions architectural and implementation design documents.
- Develop and articulate solutions based on a customer’s strategic business or technical requirements ascertained from working with multiple business units across the customer’s organization.
- MS Office and other applications (Microsoft Outlook, MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Excel, SAGE).
- Understand Commercial Pricing Methodology.
- Understanding of international Tax Regulations.
- Understanding of Financial Management.
- Understanding of communications Industry.
- Good business acumen.
- Understanding of service Management disciplines e.g. ITIL.
- Experience in product management and commercial methodologies applied.
Job Related Skills:
- Have a strong customer facing presence.
- Accurate data analysis with attention to detail.
- Be able to communicate across all levels within the organisations.
- Good influencing, persuasion and negotiation skills.
- Well-developed Oral, written and presentation skills.
- Be well organised, structured and be able to drive and oversee multi-discipline projects across many companies and organisations.
- Have good experience in commercial matters, budgeting and managing against budgets.
- Ability to influence and coach stakeholders with logical and rationale analysis and clear explanations.
- Able to work and reprioritise within a changing environment and cope with ambiguity.
- Able to plan and prioritise work and time to meet changing requirements and short timescales.
- Good leadership skills.
Min Required Experience: 10-15 year(s)
Min Qualification: Bachelor's Degree/HND
Desired Courses: Not Specified
Behavioural Competency Requirements:
- Formulating Strategies and Concepts
- Leading and Supervising
- Creating and Innovating
- Planning and Organising
- Deciding and Initiating Action
- Persuading and Influencing
Should you meet the above requirements, please submit your CV via the apply button