Vodacom Business (Vodacom Nigeria), a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Vodacom Group, is a leading pan-African corporate connectivity and telecommunications provider that has brought affordable and reliable connectivity to Africa since 1992. In that time, we have built strong relationships in the sectors that are driving the continent’s economic growth; helping them stay connected across Africa, and to the rest of the world.
Our experience in African telecommunications spans over two decades and today, we connect over 1200 of the continent’s largest and leading corporations in over 40 countries. We work closely with multinationals in all sectors of African commerce – from banking and finance, oil and gas, mining and construction right through to retail and distribution , as well as tourism.
Job Title: Product Sales Specialist
Reporting to: Portfolio Manager
Job type: Full-time
Employment Type: Permanent
Closing Date: 28 February 2015
Key roles / Qualification:
- Responsible to drive the sales and adoption of assigned product set across all verticals and regions.
- Provide the Sales Organisation business consultative support required to sell the product. The Product Specialist shall function as the in-house product subject matter expert and a reference point for the Sales and Solutions Architecture team.
- The job holder must have a bachelor degree in Engineering or social sciences (minimum of Second Class or equivalent).
- Actively engage the Sales unit to facilitate sales across all verticals for the assigned product set.
- Provide pricing support to the Solutions Architecture team for pre-sales solution formulation including bid preparation
- Have a good understanding of customer and market dynamics.
- Prospect aggressively and promote the sales of assigned product set within the Sales organisation and the Nigerian market.
- Identify new business and ways to increase revenue from the product across all accounts.
- Proactively monitor and report product sales to ensure that set targets are met.
- Develop relationship with Account Managers and develop revenue stream for assigned products.
- Participate/facilitate client meetings (with Sales Account Managers) for the promotion/sales of assigned product set.
- Provide feedback/input into the product/propositions development process.
- Prepare necessary reports (RFP’s, Metrics, Periodic Business Reviews) and maintain in company database. Provide monthly reporting of revenue intake and closed sales to Portfolio Manager.
- Maintain complete customer files and maintain appropriate customer and prospect information in the company contact management database.
The Product Specialist – Sales shall;
- Maintain professional internal and external relationships that meet company’s core values.
- Work closely with members of the Sales, Solution Architecture, Project Management and members of other teams as required from time to time.
- Build trust, value others, and communicate effectively and politely with mutual respect.
- The Product Specialist – Sales shall have regular interaction with external stakeholders and decision makers. These include but are not limited to:
- Project Manager
- Network Manager
- Sales Manager
- Finance Manger
Min Required Experience: 5-7 year(s)
Min Qualification: Bachelor's Degree/HND
Desired Courses: Not Specified
- Sales Experience in a technology environment is essential
- In-Depth knowledge voice and data systems
- Experience relating business requirements elicitation, training and facilitation, and technical sales
- 5 Years industry experience – Telecommunications
- Background in IT technologies/Tech savvy.
- Background in Telecom and/or satellite industry.
- Problem solving and technical selling skills.
- Prioritising workload of self and others.
- Written and verbal communications.
- Contract negotiation and influencing skills.
- Relationship Management and analytical skills.
Should you meet the above requirements please submit your C.Vs via the apply button