Vodacom Business (Vodacom Nigeria), a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Vodacom Group, is a leading pan-African corporate connectivity and telecommunications provider that has brought affordable and reliable connectivity to Africa since 1992. In that time, we have built strong relationships in the sectors that are driving the continent’s economic growth; helping them stay connected across Africa, and to the rest of the world.
Our experience in African telecommunications spans over two decades and today, we connect over 1200 of the continent’s largest and leading corporations in over 40 countries. We work closely with multinationals in all sectors of African commerce – from banking and finance, oil and gas, mining and construction right through to retail and distribution , as well as tourism.
Job Title: Product Specialist
Reporting to: Proposition Manager
Job type: Full-time
Employment type: Permanent
Closing date: 28 February 2015
- Responsible for the design and architecture and implementation of products from conceptual stage to product launch
- Shall assist in the commercial life cycle management of product
- The job holder must have a Bachelor Degree preferably in Engineering with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in Telecommunications or ICT environment.
- Testing of concept with potential target markets.
- Manage complete life cycles of the product line.
- Assist the product portfolio managers in realization of Business Plan objectives.
- Serve as the primary resource centre for all product related information.
- Assist to drive the new product development process.
- Define and execute the acceptance criteria for Proof of Concepts.
- Work with Core Engineering to identify and drive the adoption of new technologies for optimizing existing products/services.
- Development and update of sales tools such as product pricing, product presentations, service order forms, customer contracts.
- Generate monthly and periodic reports that track the product operational and commercial performance at various stages of the life cycle as against the business plan.
- Liaise with Product Marketing to help revise marketing collateral such as brochures, website, product descriptions, new press releases and assist in coordinating public marketing campaigns.
- Perform other job related duties as required.
Min Required Experience: 5-7 year(s)
Min Qualification: Bachelor's Degree/HND
Desired Courses: Not Specified
- Innovative thinking
- Ability to work in multi-cultural and multi-lingual environment
- Working and relating with peers excellently
- Multitasking abilities, being able to take on several projects across several work streams
- Effective public speaking, communications and writing skills
- Effective presentation skills
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to take ownership and leadership by influencing superiors
Should you meet the above requirements please submit your C.Vs via the apply button