Vodacom Business (Vodacom Nigeria), a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Vodacom Group, is a leading pan-African corporate connectivity and telecommunications provider that has brought affordable and reliable connectivity to Africa since 1992. In that time, we have built strong relationships in the sectors that are driving the continent’s economic growth; helping them stay connected across Africa, and to the rest of the world.
Our experience in African telecommunications spans over two decades and today, we connect over 1200 of the continent’s largest and leading corporations in over 40 countries. We work closely with multinationals in all sectors of African commerce – from banking and finance, oil and gas, mining and construction right through to retail and distribution , as well as tourism.
Job Title: Service Manager
Reporting to: Head, Service Management
Job type: Full-time
Employment Type: Permanent
Closing Date: 31 January 2015
Key roles / Qualification:
- The position is a strategic unit that ensures customer receives the expected service end-to-end, where performance is based on the customer’s perception of the level of service delivered.
- The Service Manager is the first and primary contact for the Customer, whether it is for changes, Requests or escalations. He/she will assist the Head service (and Sales manager) in order to manage the account as a whole.
- The job holder must have a Bachelor Degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or related degree with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in service management in an ICT/Telecoms Industry. Possession of an MBA/Master’s degree in relevant discipline will be an added advantage.
- To maintain a sound knowledge and understanding of current methodologies, technologies and services as employed by the Customer and as promoted by the Company whilst maintaining an awareness of future trends within the market place.
- Ensures all credit notes issues are resolved timely and produce necessary reports for the client and management.
- Ensure all service related incidents are promptly followed up and immediate escalation set in motion to enable prompt feedback to the client without necessarily relying on the CSOC engineers for communications to the clients. The escalation needs to be promptly followed up with the relevant parties to ensure prompt resolution.
- Service Manager must ensure all the backhauls and project related issues under his/her care are proactively monitored and flagged once the backhauls are 70% utilized. This will ensure proactive action/escalation to the installs team before attaining any congestion level whereby services will be impacted. This must form part of the month end reports.
- Aligns self and extended delivery team with business strategies to deliver and meet metrics for process and service expectations as set and agreed.
- Adherence to ITIL and ISO Service Management processes.
- Ensure that all service related documentation is up to date at all times.
- Support the Head of Service management in achieving his/her objectives.
Min Required Experience: 5-7 year(s)
Min Qualification: Bachelor's Degree/HND
Desired Courses: Not Specified
Knowledge & Skills:
- Must be Client/Customer Service oriented
- Must be an excellent communicator (both telephone and email).
- Must be a ‘People Person’ who wants to build client relationships.
- A ‘Problem Solver’ with the ability to analyze an issue, identifies and works with the correct resource(s) to resolve the issue and follow up to demonstrate the issue is resolved.
- Must be Detail Oriented with the ability to gather and report/record important information in detail.
- Strong understanding of the ITIL frame work and standards
- Experience in managing people and resources e.g. time
- Analytical and problem solving attributes.
- Exhibiting tact and diplomacy.
- Broad experience of post-sales support.
- “Get it done” and “Make it Happen” mentality
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent Oral and written communication skills
- Stress tolerant
Should you meet the above requirements please submit your C.Vs via the apply button