We are a leading telecommunication engineering service company in Nigeria. Operating out of Lagos Nigeria, we also have regional presence in Benin Republic, Ghana, CIV, and Cameroun.
Job Title: Executive Assistant to the Executive Director.
Reporting directly to the Executive Director, the Executive Assistant provides
executive support in a one-on-one working relationship. The Executive Assistant serves as the primarypoint of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the Office of the Director also oversees special projects. The Executive Assistant must be creative and enjoy working within an entrepreneurial environment that is mission-driven, results-driven. The idealindividual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong writtenand verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realisticbalance among multiple priorities.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the Executive Director including: managingan extremely active calendar of appointments; completing expense reports;
- Composing and preparing correspondence that are sometimes confidential.
- Plans, coordinates and ensures the Director’s schedule is followed and respected. Provides"gatekeeper" and "gateway" role, creating win-win situations for direct access to the Director's time and office.
- Communicates directly, and on behalf of the Director, with Board members, staff, and others, on matters related to Director's programmatic initiatives.
- Researches, prioritizes, and follows up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the Director, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determines appropriate course ofaction, referral, or response.
- Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the Director’s office and internal
- department; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with senior management staff.
- Works closely and effectively with the Director to keep him well informed of upcoming
- commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately.
- Provides leadership to build relationships crucial to the success of the organization, and manages a variety of special projects for the Director that will impact the Company
- Successfully completes critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, includingdrafting acknowledgement letters, personal correspondence, daily/weekly/monthly reports and other tasks that facilitate the Director’s work.
- Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through onprojects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures
Min Required Experience: 1-3 year(s)
Min Qualification: Bachelor's Degree/HND
Desired Courses: Not Specified
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlesslywith excellent attention to detail
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, external partners and donors
- Expert level written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability
- Positive and constructive attitude
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to variouscompeting demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response.
- Demonstrate ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast pacedenvironment
- Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point) Suite.
- Conversant with Social Media tools.
- Versatile with the use of the internet for research purposes
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's degree required with minimum of second class lower division.
- Strong work tenure: 2 to 3 years of experience.
- Not more than 28 years of age.