Cummins Inc. - A global power leader, is a corporation of complementary business units that design, manufacture, distribute and service diesel and natural gas engines and related technologies, including fuel systems, controls, air handling, filtration, emission solutions and electrical power generation systems. Headquartered in Columbus, Indiana, (USA) Cummins currently employs approximately 48,000 people worldwide and serves customers in approximately 190 countries and territories through a network of approximately 600 company-owned and independent distributor locations and approximately 6,800 dealer locations. Cummins earned $1.48 billion on sales of $17.3 billion in 2013.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Manufacturing Engineer Manager
Req ID: 150002H8
Location: Lagos-Island, Nigeria
Job Type: Experienced - Professional / Office
- Plans, designs, purchases, and/or implements integrated manufacturing assembly or fabrication processes in a manufacturing plant.
- Determines the manufacturing processes required to achieve manufacturing goals according to product specification.
- Works with engineering to identify problems with product and performance; recommends solutions or enhancements.
- Plans and designs methods to improve efficiency in production; trains line employees on new processes and methods.
- Work to improve equipment availability and capability by utilizing continuous improvement tools and working cross functionally.
- Define manufacturing standard working methods Supports capital acquisition and capacity planning and change control.
- Coaches and mentors less experienced Manufacturing Engineers.
Education, Licenses, Certifications:
College, university, or equivalent Degree in Manufacturing Engineering or related technical or scientific field required.
- Intermediate level of relevant work experience required.
- Manages Manufacturing and Industrial Engineers and related departmental activities; establishes performance standards; formulates staff development plans; coaches and motivates staff; provides guidance and direction on problems and issues; delegates work assignments considering employee skills and development needs.
- Manages significant change initiatives in the facility Provides technical consultation and advice to staff and project teams. Support Production Evaluate and assist with AOP planning activities
- Determines parts and tools needed in order to achieve manufacturing goals according to product specification.
- Participate in system audits.
- Create the right environment for all employees. Drive Cummins Operating System implementation and improvements. Promote standardized work methods. Promote Safe Workplaces. Build a sense of ownership in the business for all employee.
Fundamentals of Manufacturing - Basic competence in the body of knowledge as defined by the Society of Manufacturing Engineers for a Certified Manufacturing Technologist (CMfgT).
The body of knowledge includes the following areas:
- Mathematics, Applied Science, Process Design, Materials, Manufacturing Processes, Manufacturing Management, Manufacturing Economics, Quality Control, Computer Applications, and Automation. Certified Manufacturing Technologist (Society of Manufacturing Engineers), or local equivalent). 3 or more years of experience working as a Manufacturing Engineer.
- Equipment / Capital Procurement - Understanding the requirements for purchasing tools and equipment according to Cummins Production Equipment Specifications. Capital purchases require the approval of a Request for Capital Appropriations (RFA) which includes justification of the project from a financial/ strategic standpoint and must be completed in a specific format defined by the documented procedure. Thorough understanding of the Cummins Production Equipment Specifications. Significant experience in purchasing tools and equipment. Has written significant Request for Capital Appropriations (over $100K).
- Fundamentals Of Controls Engineering - Knowledge of various hardware and software used in the control of manufacturing processes and equipment. Includes understanding of: Programmable Logic Controllers, Ladder Logic, and Human-Machine Interfaces. Communication networks and protocols used on the shop floor. Control systems including pneumatic, hydraulic, and electrical sources of energy. Sensors, actuators, and various loop control technologies. Motion control, servo systems, and multiaxis control including robotics. Can lead controls installation projects. Proficient at programming logic controllers and interface devices. Can specify and design significant upgrades to existing equipment. Can expand and setup new communications networks. Understands the interface of the shop floor control system to the Manufacturing Execution System.
- Fundamentals Of Industrial Engineering - Concerned with the design, improvement, and installation of integrated systems of people, materials, information, equipment, and energy. It draws upon specialized knowledge and skill in the mathematical, physical, and social sciences together with the principles and methods of engineering analysis and design, to specify, predict, and evaluate the results to be obtained from such systems. Knows and can teach others how to conduct a work measurement study and balance a production line using the data from a work measurement study. Robust knowledge of ergonomic principles and utilize my knowledge in my projects. Has experience developing and creating process documentation. Utilized material flow data to develop an efficient and effective facility layout.
- Workstation Design - This skill involves being able to design an operator station. Design of an operator station requires knowledge of anthropometrics, ergonomics, National Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) safety standards, office layout guidelines, etc. Many of these standards must be utilized to develop an efficient work station design. Can design workstations for an entire assembly line or office area, considering multiple process types and people.
- Ergonomics - Intended to reduce operator fatigue and discomfort. It is a scientific discipline concerned with the understanding of interactions among humans and other elements of a system, and the profession that applies theory, principles, data and methods to design in order to optimize human well-being and overall system performance. Can develop and implement a comprehensive ergonomics program for the performance cell based on statistical data and can make the necessary improvements to reduce/eliminate ergonomic risk factors. Certified as an Ergo in Action Green Belt.
- Problem Solving And Quality Improvement - Problem Solving and Improvement approaches, including understanding of tools/process type and selection, plus Corrective and Preventive Action processes. Needs no guidance with regards to this skill and can apply it in a wide range of work situations. Able to train others in problem solving.
If any company or recruiter demands money from you, please report to us immediately. View how to detect fake recruiters/companies