Vodacom Business is an international company with its head office based in Johannesburg, South Africa and operations in the 12 other African countries, including Nigeria, Kenya and Cameroon. With customers in 40 African countries and spread throughout the world and European offices in London, Paris and Brussels, some travel could be a requirement.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: EHoD; Legal & Regulatory Service
Department: Legal & Regulatory Services
Reporting to: Managing Director
Job type: Full-time
Employment type: Permanent
- Responsible for monitoring, ascertainment and management of regulatory matters and Government relations.
- Preparation/vetting, negotiation and execution of Customer and Supplier contracts and other agreements.
- Provision of routine and ad hoc legal/ regulatory advises and generally anticipating proactive and evolving ways and means of protecting the Company from legal and regulatory challenges.
- Reducing/mitigating or eliminating regulatory and contractual risks, while monitoring legal, institutional and regulatory developments that impact on the Company.
- Direct the development/implementation of Legal and policies compliance as well as monitor the effectiveness of identified control measures throughout the organization.
- Preparation/vetting, negotiation and execution of legal documents [Supplier Contracts, Customer Contracts and Leases]
- Contract management.
- Develops compliance organizational strategies by contributing information, analysis, and recommendations to strategic thinking and direction; establishing functional objectives in line with organizational objectives.
- Monitoring effectiveness of identified internal control measures.
- Coordinating and overseeing all enterprise risk management activities.
- Ensuring compliance with internal policies, relevant contract /agreements in accordance with an internal compliance plan.
- Preparation and filing of all Corporate Legal / Compliance documents and managing of routine Company Secretarial documentary processes.
- Offering of routine and ad hoc legal advises on legal/regulatory matters
- Superintending in and over litigations, claims and disputes involving and relating to the Company.
- Interfacing with and ensuring a seamless working relationship between the Company and all regulatory authorities.
- Management of renewals and negotiation of License terms and conditions
- Follow up on and Manage compliance with License terms and Conditions
- Obtainment of required Frequencies; Renewal and Negotiation of Frequency allocation terms and conditions and other regulatory permits.
- Interfacing with, monitoring and advising on pending, anticipated and new legislation and bills that impact on the Company’s area of coverage
- Obtainment of required Expatriate Quota Positions; Renewal of quotas and entry permits and management of quota returns in keeping with statutory obligations.
- Regular attendance at national, Regional as well as Global Regulatory Confabs and staying abreast with regulatory developments
- Revision and articulation of company policies, procedures and process framework and strategy.
Communications and Work Relationships:
- Internal: Contract Manager; Legal Officers, Managing Director and other Management Team members
- External: Regulatory Agencies, Contractual Business Partners
- Other Business Units: All Departments.
If any company or recruiter demands money from you, please report to us immediately. View how to detect fake recruiters/companies