Vodacom Business is an international company with its head office based in Johannesburg, South Africa and operations in the 12 other African countries, including Nigeria, Kenya and Cameroon. With customers in 40 African countries and spread throughout the world and European offices in London, Paris and Brussels, some travel could be a requirement.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: EHoD; Legal & Regulatory Service
Department: Legal & Regulatory Services
Reporting to: Managing Director
Job type: Full-time
Employment type: Permanent
- Responsible for monitoring, ascertainment and management of regulatory matters and Government relations.
- Preparation/vetting, negotiation and execution of Customer and Supplier contracts and other agreements.
- Provision of routine and ad hoc legal/ regulatory advises and generally anticipating proactive and evolving ways and means of protecting the Company from legal and regulatory challenges.
- Reducing/mitigating or eliminating regulatory and contractual risks, while monitoring legal, institutional and regulatory developments that impact on the Company.
- Direct the development/implementation of Legal and policies compliance as well as monitor the effectiveness of identified control measures throughout the organization.
- Preparation/vetting, negotiation and execution of legal documents [Supplier Contracts, Customer Contracts and Leases]
- Contract management.
- Develops compliance organizational strategies by contributing information, analysis, and recommendations to strategic thinking and direction; establishing functional objectives in line with organizational objectives.
- Monitoring effectiveness of identified internal control measures.
- Coordinating and overseeing all enterprise risk management activities.
- Ensuring compliance with internal policies, relevant contract /agreements in accordance with an internal compliance plan.
- Preparation and filing of all Corporate Legal / Compliance documents and managing of routine Company Secretarial documentary processes.
- Offering of routine and ad hoc legal advises on legal/regulatory matters
- Superintending in and over litigations, claims and disputes involving and relating to the Company.
- Interfacing with and ensuring a seamless working relationship between the Company and all regulatory authorities.
- Management of renewals and negotiation of License terms and conditions
- Follow up on and Manage compliance with License terms and Conditions
- Obtainment of required Frequencies; Renewal and Negotiation of Frequency allocation terms and conditions and other regulatory permits.
- Interfacing with, monitoring and advising on pending, anticipated and new legislation and bills that impact on the Company’s area of coverage
- Obtainment of required Expatriate Quota Positions; Renewal of quotas and entry permits and management of quota returns in keeping with statutory obligations.
- Regular attendance at national, Regional as well as Global Regulatory Confabs and staying abreast with regulatory developments
- Revision and articulation of company policies, procedures and process framework and strategy.
Communications and Work Relationships:
- Internal: Contract Manager; Legal Officers, Managing Director and other Management Team members
- External: Regulatory Agencies, Contractual Business Partners
- Other Business Units: All Departments.
Min Required Experience: 15+ year(s)
Min Qualification: Bachelor's Degree/HND
Desired Courses: Not Specified
Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Competency Requirements:
- LLB (Hons) BL and LLM
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills
- Able to provide advise over a wide range of issues and provide requisite support in Management’s decision making process
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Have a good understanding of both Commercial Law and Company Law
- Excellent Legal Drafting Skills
- A good understanding of Telecoms Laws and Regulations as well as a good grasp of the objectives of the Regulatory Agencies
- A good knowledge of the ICT Products and Services and understanding of the dynamics of Spectrum Management and Pricing as well as the Satellite industry.
- Demonstrate ability to interact with regulators especially in Nigeria, The Gambia and have a good network of Contacts within the Telecoms Regulatory Framework in West Africa.
- Well sharpened inter personal skills and ability to interact, work with and interface with all authorities within the legal, regulatory and institutional space of the Company including regulators, line ministries, National Assembly as and when due.
- Build trust and maintain values that ensure mutual respect between the Company and other government agencies.
- Able to guide professionals and synergize with other departments / functional heads
- Honest and reliable
- Ability to relate with people of different backgrounds at all levels [Top to Bottom]
- Over 26 years post Call experience as a Corporate and Regulatory Lawyer in the two highly regulated sectors of the Nigerian economy (Oil and Gas and Telecoms)
- Must have held Management Positions for several years in the organized private sector prior to joining.
Application Closing Date:
31st August, 2015
Method of Application
Interested candidates should send their applications and CV's and tell us why your talents are a good match for our opportunities.