Vodacom Business is an international company with its head office based in Johannesburg, South Africa and operations in the 12 other African countries, including Nigeria, Kenya and Cameroon. With customers in 40 African countries and spread throughout the world and European offices in London, Paris and Brussels, some travel could be a requirement.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Network/Systems Support
Reporting to: IT Manager
Job type: Full-time
Employment type: Permanent
- Will offer IT support services covering IT infrastructures and provides Desktop support services, and administer the hosted firewall services.
- The role also includes support services for other infrastructural platforms as stipulated by the IT Manager.
- Providing help-desk support duties to all Authenticated users on the network including Apple Mac users in the company including installation and configuration services.
- Maintaining the daily / monthly backup of data in all VBN offices including Abuja and Port Harcourt and liaising with the IT Contact personnel in each of the offices on all IT-related issues.
- Providing required IT-support which include but not limited to Windows Operating Systems and Server Applications.
- Troubleshooting and resolving of network problems.
- Maintain the IT network including servers, switches and all other IT-network related equipment.
- On-call and after hours support.
- Installs or modifies existing installations of networked computer hardware, software, and other components.
- Provide 2nd level support for all business applications and other applications used in the company.
- Ensuring that the firewall security aspect of the IT overall security implementation is maintained and supported.
- Research and certify the operation and compatibility of hot fixes (patches), new versions of vendor provided applications and appliances, across a variety of hardware and software platforms.
- Work with Customers to activate services; and assist with problem resolution as required.
Communications and Work Relationships:
- Internal: The role will involve interfacing and communication with all stakeholders on a regular basis. This will include interfacing with Core IP and Installs teams as needed.
- External: The role will also involve communications with customers and there is a need for good analytical skills.
- Other Business Units: All Department.
Min Required Experience: 0-1 year(s)
Min Qualification: Not Specified
Desired Courses: Not Specified
Education, qualifications and Special training:
- B.Sc / HND Computer Science / Engineering
- B.Sc / HND Electrical / Electronics Engr.
- MCSE / MCP / CCNA / CCNP
- System & Network Administration
- Helpdesk services
- Network security
- Mac Apple Server / System administration and support
- Fortigate administration
- WiFi implementation and support
Application Closing Date:
31st August, 2015
Method of Application:
Interested candidates should send their application and CV's and tell us why your talents are a good match for our opportunities.