Vodacom Business is an international company with its head office based in Johannesburg, South Africa and operations in the 12 other African countries, including Nigeria, Kenya and Cameroon. With customers in 40 African countries and spread throughout the world and European offices in London, Paris and Brussels, some travel could be a requirement.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Specialist: Network Security
Department: Network Engineering
Reporting to: Manager, Product & Service Design
Job type: Full-time
Employment type: Permanent
Responsible for design, service provisioning, third level support, recommendation of best practices and preparation of standard processes and as built documentation for Fortinet and Cisco ASA security product suites.
- Produce designs and network architectures based on Fortinet (FortiGate 200b, 1240b, FortiManager, and FortiAnalyzer) as well Cisco ASA security platforms.
- Build and support firewall related administrative and or infrastructure systems.
- Respond to trouble tickets and perform high- level troubleshooting on network security devices.
- Perform in-depth troubleshooting of customer - related issues as needed.
- Work closely with other team members to integrate firewall / security devices into the overall network design.
- Work with Customers to activate services and assist with problem resolution when required.
- Participate in projects of any scale.
- Implement proof of concepts and derive results from consistent testing methodologies and measures.
- Research and certify the operation and compatibility of hot fixes (patches), new versions of vendor provided applications and appliances, across a variety of hardware and software platforms.
- Maintain and administer firewall and general network security standards, documentation, processes and procedures.
- Responsible for producing technical documentation associated with each implementation.
- Develop and maintain environmental supporting documentation.
- Follow defined Change, Problem and Incident management processes.
- Communications and Work Relationships:
- Collaborate with various divisions within Operations department and come up with strategies for network evolution.
- Act as a mentor for the less experienced engineers within VBN.
- Make recommendations for network improvement.
Min Required Experience: 5-7 year(s)
Min Qualification: Bachelor's Degree/HND
Desired Courses: Not Specified
Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Competency Requirements:
- A Minimum of Bachelor's degree in Electrical and Electronic Engineering or related discipline with cumulative grading equal to or greater than Second class Upper division ( 2-1).
- Relevant Cisco and network security certifications will be a strong advantage
- Minimum 5 years experience in the design , setup and support of Fortinet Product Suite and Cisco ASA Firewall and Network Security Platform.
- Excellent knowledge of Networking and IP-Protocols at CCNP level is mandatory.
- Knowledge and understanding of information security principles and practices.
- Working experience on event log monitoring of security devices i.e. intrusion detection/ prevention systems, firewalls, VPN, ACS, and application level firewalls, content filters.
- Knowledge of intrusion detections systems and understanding of advanced security protocols and standards, vulnerabilities, threats , security breaches over networks, devices, servers , and desktops.
- Experience with security practices on Intranets and Extranets.
- Knowledge on Operating systems i.e. Windows, Linux. Along with OS vulnerabilities, switching, routing, wireless networking.
- Review logs and reports of all in-place devices, whether they be under direct control (i.e., security tools) or not (i.e. workstations, servers, network devices, etc.). Interpret the implications of specific activities.
- Understanding of networking protocols TCPIP, SMTP, FTP, HTTP, SNMP, Syslog, SSH etc.
- Possession of Fortinet Security certifications (FCNSA and FCNSP) is a strong advantage.
- MS-Office skills.
- Leadership skills.
- Ability to work independently, with tight deadlines and to build up good team relations.
- Self-motivated, flexible and capable to supervise teams in field and within the office.
Application Closing Date:
31st August, 2015
Method of Application:
Interested candidates should send their application and CV's and tell us why your talents are a good match for our opportunities.