Vodacom Business is an international company with its head office based in Johannesburg, South Africa and operations in the 12 other African countries, including Nigeria, Kenya and Cameroon. With customers in 40 African countries and spread throughout the world and European offices in London, Paris and Brussels, some travel could be a requirement.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Specialist: VoIP Design
Reporting to: Program Manager, Network Engineering
Job type: Full-time
Employment type: Permanent
This position is responsible for planning, and implementing VoIP services via existing IP/PBX systems.
- The VoIP Specialist will provide overall network design and support for a broad range of activities with a primary focus on Voice over IP (VoIP) -based products and services.
- This employee will support installation, configuration, maintenance and usage of VBN’s VoIP infrastructure.
- Will propose solutions to management to make sure all VoIP requirements are based on future needs and current usage.
- Acts as final point of contact for VoIP problems in collaboration with Network Operations as needed.
- Principal Accountabilities/Objectives:
- Lead the setup, integration operation of the VoIP services to VBN sold to VBN customers using existing IP-PBX system.
- Carry out high-level Troubleshooting on VoIP issues including compatibility, performance and quality of service
- Lead the installation, testing, troubleshooting, monitoring and support different VoIP equipment in VBN lab and production network.
- Develop reports to assist in the review, analysis and evaluation of deployed solutions and in the design of new technology solutions.
- Works closely with different departments on projects related to the design, development, deployment, monitoring and evaluation of new products and services.
- Work with Customers to activate services and assist with problem resolution when required.
- Participate in projects of large scale.
- Implement proof of concepts and derive results from consistent testing methodologies and measures.
- Responsible for updating technical documentation associated with each implementation.
- Develop and maintain supporting documentation.
- Follow defined Change, Problem and Incident management processes.
- Communications and Work Relationships:
- Collaborate with various divisions within Operations department and come up with strategies for network evolution.
- Act as a mentor for the less experienced engineers within VBN.
- Make recommendations for network improvement.
Min Required Experience: 5-7 year(s)
Min Qualification: Bachelor's Degree/HND
Desired Courses: Not Specified
Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Competency requirements:
- A Minimum of Bachelor's degree in Electrical and Electronic Engineering or related discipline with cumulative grading equal to or greater than Second class Upper division ( 2-1).
- Strong knowledge and Six (6) or more years Hands-On-Experience with VoIP, IP-PBX, Unified Communications, SIP, OCS, and Call Center Applications.
- Functional experience with general database implementation, including, setup and running database scripts.
- Prior technology VoIP implementation and support experience with Enterprise type accounts.
- Solid understanding of IP and inter-networking (LAN & WAN) technologies is mandatory for this role.
- Very strong knowledge of Softswitch class 4 and Softswitch class 5.
- CCVP certification is a strong advantage
- Knowledge and understanding of information security principles and practices.
- Understanding of networking protocols TCPIP, SMTP, FTP, HTTP, SNMP, Syslog, SSH etc.
- MS-Office skills.
- Leadership skills.
- Ability to work independently, with tight deadlines and to build up good team relations.
- Self-motivated, flexible and capable to supervise teams in field and within the office.
- Strong time management, problem solving, prioritization and planning skills.
- Ability to participate in and facilitate group meetings.
- Ability to work in a dynamic and demanding environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills.
- Ability to communicate complex technologies to a broad audience in a concise, clear and simple manner.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
Application Closing Date:
31st August, 2015
Method of Application:
Interested candidates should send their application and CV's and tell us why your talents are a good match for our opportunities.