Cummins Inc. - A global power leader, is a corporation of complementary business units that design, manufacture, distribute and service diesel and natural gas engines and related technologies, including fuel systems, controls, air handling, filtration, emission solutions and electrical power generation systems. Headquartered in Columbus, Indiana, (USA) Cummins currently employs approximately 48,000 people worldwide and serves customers in approximately 190 countries and territories through a network of approximately 600 company-owned and independent distributor locations and approximately 6,800 dealer locations. Cummins earned $1.48 billion on sales of $17.3 billion in 2013.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Diesel Mechanic
Req ID: 1500033T
- Completes diagnostics, repairs and rebuilds on engine products in a service workshop under limited supervision.
- Applies documented procedures and policies to complete complex repairs, including identifying and preparing required parts and tools.
- Disassemble, clean and reassemble engines and /or engine components Performs preventative maintenance based on assessment of engines.
- Assists more experienced technicians with diagnostics and development of repair plans engines in the workshop.
- Completes required documentation, such as work completed documents, time sheets, warranty claims, quality documents via handwritten forms or business system input screens.
- Completes training in line with skill and business requirements Maintains work area and tools for cleanliness and proper operation.
- Adheres to all relevant Health, Safety & Environmental policies, procedures and legislation and reports any issues / incidents to their supervisor.
Min Required Experience: 1-3 year(s)
Min Qualification: Vocational
Desired Courses: Not Specified
- Skill Level A Level I Technician plus: Ability to carry out basic diagnostics using Cummins diagnostic tools on different product types with minimal supervision.
- Able to fully use all required Cummins service tools including Insite, EDS, Quick Serve On Line.
- Capable of developing collaborative working relationships Able to identify and communicate opportunities for work process improvements Can resolve common technical problems.
- Skill Level B Skill Level A plus: Ability to carry out full diagnostics using Cummins diagnostic tools on different product types without supervision.
- In depth mechanical repair and maintenance capability to carry out external engine repairs including fuel system components without supervision
- Ability to develop and maintain productive customer relationships.
Apprentice Trained Engine Technician (Preferred) Vocational diploma from relevant technical institution Locally valid driving permit (Preferred)
Intermediate level knowledge of and/or experience with engine products
Application Closing Date: