EDC is one of the world’s leading nonprofit research and development firms. EDC designs, implements and evaluates programs to improve education, health, and economic opportunity worldwide. Collaborating with both public and private partners, we strive for a world where all people are empowered to live healthy, productive lives.
EDC has an opening for an Assessment Specialist in Abuja, Nigeria, to support the Northern Nigeria Education Initiative Plus (NEI+) project. NEI+ works to improve the quality of and access to education in Northern Nigeria equitably and sustainably. The position will report to the Senior M&E Specialist.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:Job Title: Assessment Specialist
The Assessment Specialist is expected to:
- Communicate clearly, accurately, efficiently, and courteously;
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with clients, consultants, collaborators, co-workers, field sites, and funders;
- Work collaboratively with colleagues, demonstrating leadership and initiative; and
- Implement and maintain various technologies and data management systems. All positions require adherence to EDC policies and procedures.
The Assessment Specialist will:
- Provide leadership with development of project-specific literacy and other kinds of assessments
- Conduct in-country adaptations of international literacy assessment tools.
- Develop and implement literacy and other kinds of assessments in three Northern Nigeria states
- Participate in data analysis
- Prepare reports on assessment results.
- Prepare communication briefs and presentations on basic literacy and other kinds of assessments
- Provide training to field staff on assessment-related tasks such as data collection, data management and dissemination
- Coordinate knowledge sharing efforts related to evaluation protocols, procedures and reports
- Collaborate closely with the M&E team in all activities
The Assessment Specialist:
- Effectively interacts with diverse staff, colleagues, and clients
- Seeks and incorporates feedback
- Coordinates administrative and logistical tasks
- Coordinates quality assurance
- Facilitates project teamwork and feedback exchanges
- Collaborates on troubleshooting complex problems, proposing initiatives and recommending or negotiating solutions
- Adapts readily and demonstrates flexibility
- Supports innovation that benefits project activities.
- Implements and promotes the use of EDC and project systems
- Seeks help and support as needed
- Demonstrates initiative and willingness to learn
- Supports staff in carrying out tasks