Education Development Center (EDC) is one of the world’s leading nonprofit research and development firms. EDC designs, implements and evaluates programs to improve education, health, and economic opportunity worldwide. Collaborating with both public and private partners, we strive for a world where all people are empowered to live healthy, productive lives.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance and Administration Officer
- The USAID/Nigeria's Northern Education Initiative Plus, being implemented by Creative Associates and EDC, works to improve the quality of and access to education in Nigeria's Northern States.
- The Finance and Administration Officer will be responsible for managing project expenditure and accounts for the NEI+ project, meeting USAID requirements using EDC’s policies and procedures.
- He/she will work closely with the EDC Headquarter Operations Team to ensure Sokoto implementation finance and administration policies are followed.
- This position is based in Sokoto, Nigeria, and will report to the Sokoto Team Leader.
- Process check requests and wire transfers for payments to vendors in compliance with contract requirements
- Review and process vendor and consultant fee payments in accordance with USAID and Creative Associates account procedures and contract policies
- Process local hires’ monthly payroll
- Work with the Senior Finance Specialist (based in Abuja) to develop annual budgets
- Develop spreadsheet programs for tracking and monitoring all financial activities, and maintain spreadsheets with current project expense data
- Provide the Senior Finance Specialist in Abuja with updated monthly cost reports
- Draft quarterly financial reports and monthly ad hoc reports on financial status of project expenses and budget information
- Respond to vendor inquiries regarding status of vouchers, payments, and budget submissions
- Liaise with the Grants Manager in implementation of grants mechanism and assist to assure the smooth operation of the mechanism
- Draft documents for and execute wire transfers from the home office in Washington, DC
- Manage the process of clearing bills, payments, and vouchers from the Bauchi office
- Work closely with the home office in Washington, DC to ensure reconciliation of monthly expense reports, and respond to any inquiries they may have
- Participate in ongoing analysis, forecasting, and reviewing of project expenses
- Oversee project procurement in accordance with the project contract and USAID and Creative requirements and regulations
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Sokoto Team Leader