British American Tobacco (www.bat.com) is a market leading, global organisation with a long, established history and a bright and dynamic future. Thanks to our people we have continued to deliver growth and exceed expectations in an increasingly complex and challenging marketplace.
Our aim is to become the leading tobacco company in each of our markets by providing excellent products with confidence and responsibility expected of global consumer brands.
If you have the talent and motivation to help us succeed you’ll find we are equally committed to helping you reach your full potential too.
Project Monitoring and Evaluation Intern
Job purpose and key deliverables
The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will be responsible for overseeing activities under the Project Management component of the Project which pertain to tracking and evaluating implementation performance.
Under the overall guidance of the General Manager and direct supervision of the Project Team, the M&E Officer will be responsible for the monitoring and ensuring high quality and timely inputs, and for ensuring that the project maintains its strategic vision and that its activities result in the achievement of its intended outputs in a cost effective and timely manner.
The M&E officer will be responsible for designing and implementing the M&E activities of the Project; assisting the Project Manager in preparing Quarterly/Annual reports on project progress and will monitor the project activities on a regular basis and will be responsible for the collection & analysis of different data in relation to the project activities.
The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer works in close collaboration with work closely with project team and collaborators and partners, operations clusters, Government officials, private sector, non-government and civil society organizations.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Develop and strengthen monitoring, inspection and evaluation procedures
- Monitor all project activities, expenditures and progress towards achieving the project output;
- Recommend further improvement of the logical frame work;
- Develop monitoring and impact indicator for the project success;
- Monitor and evaluate overall progress on achievement of results;
- Monitor the sustainability of the project's results;
- Provide feedback to the Project Team on project strategies and activities;
- Suggest strategies to the Project Management for improving the efficiency and effectiveness of the project by identifying bottlenecks in completing project activities and developing plans to minimize or eliminate such bottlenecks;
- Report monthly, quarterly, half-yearly and annual progress on all project activities to the General Manager/Project Team;
- Conduct capacity assessment on existing monitoring and evaluation indicators and the monitoring strategy for the project;
- Provide inputs, information and statistics for quarterly, annual and other reports to Project Management Team;
- Participate in annual project reviews and planning workshops and assist the Project Team in preparing relevant reports;
- Support monitoring and evaluation of the effects and impact of the project;
- Assist in coordinating across the available components of the Project to ensure effective implementation of M&E;
- Assist the project personnel with M&E tools and in supporting them in their use.
- Perform other duties as required;Measurable Outputs and Performance Indicators
- Preparation of monthly M&E reports;
- Assist the Project Team in preparing other relevant reports;
- Organize and conduct training on M&E for Project IPs and government staff
- Assist Project Team in the preparation of reports on the findings and lessons learned from project innovations;
- Provide input and update information related to project outcomes;
- Assist Project Team in preparing monthly and quarterly reports on project progress based on M&S reports on project activities;
- Prepare Issues Log and Risk Log for the project;
- Develop M&E system for the Project and for the government counterpart/stakeholders;
- Prepare and maintain data base
Min Required Experience: 0 year(s)
Min Qualification: Bachelor's Degree/HND
Desired Courses: Not Specified
- Demonstrates integrity by modelling the BATNF values and ethical standards
- Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of BATNF
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Organises and accurately completes multiple tasks by establishing priorities while taking into consideration special assignments, frequent interruptions, deadlines, available resources and multiple reporting relationships
- Plans, coordinates and organises workload while remaining aware of changing Priorities and competing deadlines
- Establishes, builds and maintains effective working relationships with staff and clients to facilitate the provision of support
Knowledge Management and Learning
- In-depth knowledge on M&E and development issues
- Excellent knowledge of monitoring and the application of methodology: Good understanding of capacity assessment methodologies; excellent ability to identify significant capacity building opportunities;
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Ability to lead implementation of new systems (business side), and affect staff behavioural/ attitudinal change
- Focuses on result for the team
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
- Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills
- Remains calm, in control and good humoured even under pressure
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities
- Responds positively to critical feedback and differing points of view
- Solicits feedback from staff about the impact of his/her own behaviour
- Agricultural student or Student in an Agricultural related course in the 3rd or practical year of a recognised Nigerian University or Polytechnic 2:1 equivalent
- Candidates should be at least 18 years of age
- Excellent numerical and writing skills