- University degree in the relevant field.
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience in humanitarian, human rights and/or civil society organizations.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English. Knowledge of Hausa and / or any local languages spoken in the North East is an asset.
- Knowledge of social programs of state, federal NGO and International institutions in Nigeria.
- Excellent computer skills and research.
- Good geographical knowledge of the assigned environment
- Committed to the principle of neutrality, impartiality and independence while carrying out institutional duties.
- Organized, methodical and flexible personality with strong humanitarian motivation who enjoys working in a team environment.
- Has a strong sense of empathy.
- Ability to work independently with excellent analytical skills and the ability to travel in all parts of the country.
Method of Application
Persons interested and qualified should send application letter, curriculum vitae and contact details of three referees
Please clearly indicate “Protection Field Officer Yola" as the subject of your application
(Applications intended for this role without this subject will not be treated). The deadline for the submission of applications will be 12.04.2016. Late application will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. However, ICRC will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.