Nextzon Business Services Limited - Our Client is a start-up mega drug distribution centre in the pharmaceutical sector located in Anambra State, and is looking to fill the role of:
Job Title: Finance Officer
Reports To: Finance Manager
Facilitation of efficiency in the company’s finance unit / activities and direct overall financial plans and accounting practices within the company.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate with the Finance manager to ensure timely and appropriate cash flows, matched with the operational needs
- Manage the electronic spreadsheet/format for receiving and disbursing funds; coordinate the preparation and timely submission of monthly financial reports and other reports
- Ensure accurate keeping of account books (electronic and paper
- Preparation and submission of monthly Balance Sheet Reconciliations
- Help ensure that timely and accurate information is generated and disseminated accordingly to germane parties, to inform activity planning and forecasts
- Process all banking activities of the organisation, ensuring that bank account records are accurately maintained, and that bank statements are obtained on a timely basis.
- Process all payments (cheque and/or cash) to/from suppliers, customers, service providers, and partners in line with established requirements
- Ensure all financial transactions in the organisation are appropriately approved, authorised and administered, in line with company policies
- Maintain the office cash box and disburse cash payments
- Ensure weekly cash counts are done and properly documented by non-finance staff
- Make statutory payments to the relevant authorities such as PAYE, WHT, and PENSION deduction and ensure adequate documentation is kept in the office.
- Provide administrative and technical support to the partners to ensure that all financial documentation and reports are prepared and submitted on a timely basis
- In collaboration with the financial manager, support the training in financial management in accordance the business’s financial management policies
- Any other tasks as assigned by supervisor