Now, more than 50 years after it began, Coffey is a Tetra Tech company. Having joined Tetra Tech in 2016, we are now part of a much larger global network of experts than ever before. We’re delivering smart solutions for our clients – and providing the innovation and insight that comes from a proud history of delivery.
Job Title: Business Development Coordinator - Lagos, Nigeria in Nigeria
Job no: 493350
Growth and Employment in States Wholesale and Retail Sector (GEMS4) is a market development project in Nigeria. It is funded by DFID/UKaid and the World Bank. The GEMS4 mandate is to stimulate market system changes that encourage growth and access; resulting in the creation of 10,000 new jobs and increased incomes for 500,000 people, especially for the poor and for women. The project is implemented in Lagos, Kano, Kaduna and Cross River states, though interventions will extend to other states where impact can be maximised.
The Business Development Coordinator (BDC) works in a team together with one or more Intervention Managers (IM) and may be involved in working on one or many interventions, pipeline interventions, or other organisational, administrative or operational tasks to further GEMS4 activities. Tasks include working with and to the IM managers to:
- Support the development of GEMS4 concept notes, market systems analysis, and investment cases.
- Identify Finished Leather (FL) and Finished Leather Goods (FLG) Partners and establish the basis for intervention support.
- Implement interventions as agreed in the concept notes and project work plan.
- Take part in facilitating and managing the work of partners/co-facilitators/service providers of programme and ensure "value for money" for the tasks given.
- Remain well aware of developments in the FL and FLG and relevant sectors/markets.
- Support the Communications and Results Measurement staff in implementing the project RM system, particularly as it pertains to the markets, systemic change, and gender disaggregated impacts on the poor, as well as other social development issues.
- Take account of Value for Money (VfM) aspects in implementation which may mean developing and assessing tender and bid documents, and collecting and analysing intervention data to illustrate VfM.
Min Required Experience: 4 year(s)
Min Qualification: Bachelor's Degree/HND
Desired Courses: Not Specified
- At least 4 years' experience of supporting the implementation of private sector development projects.
- Experience in value chain, in either development or the private sector.
- Project management skills and
- Master's Degree in relevant field.
- Duration: As soon as possible to June 2017
How to Apply
The position may be filled before the application deadline, interested applicants are advised to submit an application today.
For any enquiries, please contact email@example.com and quote the job reference number.
Applications close: 14 March 2016
Coffey has a 40 year history in successfully delivering international development projects on behalf of donors right around the world, including Australia's Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, USAID and the UK's Department for International Development. Our people work side by side with local partners to support stability, economic growth and good governance, positively changing people's lives.