Aids Healthcare Foundation (AHF), is a legally registered NGO operating in Nigeria, AHF-Nigeria collaborates with the Federal Government of Nigeria and other partner institutions, to provide technical assistance to these key. To meet the above needs, the program wishes to recruit a dynamic, skilled, committed, self-driven and results oriented individuals to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Clinical Coordinator - Anambra, Nigeria
- Leadership and Management
- As a manager, he/she oversees medical AHF operations in the State and supports the Country Program Manager to efficiently and effectively deliver quality clinical services in the state/region.
- Provide technical supports to Prevention and Treatment program and ensure linkage of outreach activities to treatment and care program through well-established processes of patient linkages and service integration
- Attends key technical partners meetings and provides feedback to management through the Country Program Manager.
- Ensures that CMEs are conducted in all sites and participates in the facilitation of CME sessions.
- He/she participates in staff need assessment and induction of new hired staff.
- He/she participates in setting performance targets and staff appraisal, disciplining and addressing complaints of employees under his/her supervision.
- Ensure standard quality of clinical services at all AHF supported sites in his/her region.
- Provide periodic comprehensive support supervision report, adhering to the tools provided by AHF
- Promotes the implementation of standard operating procedures for all activities relating to good clinical practice and ensure functional QI teams are in existence at site levels
- Supervise and implement quality management activities and quality benchmarks monitoring, facilitation of quality assurance and quality improvement sessions.
- Strengthen TB/HIV, PMTCT , ART services through integrated service delivery and provision of quality services in the state program.
- Ensures optimal operations of the laboratory services, including functioning of sample referral networks at regional level
- Provide on-site technical support and mentoring to the field staff and coordinate M&E of the project
- Ensures effective patient flow in all sites, especially those with high volume of patients and coordinate time motion surveys to monitor performance
- Oversees the timely collection, compilation and reporting of routine and specific data to guide decision making at site, regional and country program level.
- Identify early warning resistance indicators and intervention strategies
- Remain updated on current trends and standards in clinical management of HIV/AIDS and related illnesses
- Participate in the elaboration/monitoring of annual targets and ensure that they are achieved in all regional sites.
- Provides direct supervision and mentorship to doctors, nurses, laboratory scientists, pharmacy technician working in the different facilities in the region to ensure continuous growth and learning
- Ensure timely compilation and submission of monthly drug inventory reports in coordination with the Program pharmacist
- Work with the program pharmacist to ensure that pharmacy operations are in accordance with good pharmacy practices
- Identify and promote operational research at site level and build capacity among the staff in case presentations and elaboration of scientific papers.
Participation in AHF Meetings/Committees:
- Management Meeting
- Technical Partnership and stakeholders meetings
- General Staff Meeting
- Medical Staff Meeting
- Meetings with lower health units
- CME activities
- Other meetings as assigned.