Mikado Nigeria Limited, the parent company of the Group has its origin in the 80's, was conceived by the entrepreneurial activities of the founder "Michael Ojeme". It was incorporated on the 3rd of November 1988, commenced business on the 1st of January 1989 and has embarked on a dynamic and diversified expansion programme since inception.
The Mikado Group has gone on to grow very successful business in sectors ranging from Electronic Security to Telecommunications, Traffic and Transportation Management, Events Management, VAS Development, fragrance and flavours distribution.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Account Officer
- Prepare, examine, and analyze accounting records, financial statements, and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Reconcile simple bank statements or department records.
- Make and checks necessary calculations.
- Answer inquiries regarding work being performed.
- Prepare or check invoices, requisitions and other documents for processing and obtains approval when necessary.
- Compiles routine numerical information for report purposes by hand or on internal computer records.
- Perform clerical duties such as sorting mails, filing and typing, operates variety of general office equipment.
- Receive/make payment by cash, check, credit cards, vouchers, or automatic debits.
- Issue receipts, refunds, credits, or change due to customers.
- Documents financial transactions by entering account information.
- Recommends financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
- Summarizes current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
- Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents.
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Secures financial information by completing data base backups.
- Maintains financial security by following internal controls.
- Prepares payments by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements.
- Answers accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations.
- Complies with Federal, State, and Local Financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
- Prepares special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.