The International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement is the largest humanitarian network in the world. Its mission is to alleviate human suffering, protect life and health, and uphold human dignity especially during armed conflicts and other emergencies. It is present in every country and supported by millions of volunteers.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: First Aid Field Officer
- Ensures that casualties during emergencies receive a timely, impartial and effective immediate assistance by responders acting in security, guided by basic humanitarian values and principles, and part of an effective emergency response system adapted to needs and local realities.
- Facilitates the implementation, monitoring and follow up of the ICRC/NRCS First Aid program in Adamawa, Gombe and Taraba states in line with the developed frame including financial, logistical and security stipulations.
- Develops a comprehensive overview and understanding of the health care emergency needs on the ground.
- Contributes to the identification of the beneficiaries and the values ICRC can add to improve the emergency response from the scenes of the emergency till the referral further care
- Implements, monitors and evaluates references and activities according to objectives, plans of actions and resources available
- Strengthens local capacities and references, based on ownership and sustainability goals
- Collaborates with NRCS to ensure a coherent standardised and quality First Aid program is being presented to the participants.