Lagos State Employment Trust Fund - The Lagos State government has created a N25 billion fund to invest in the businesses of small and medium scale entrepreneurs who currently reside in Lagos. The fund will also help to train residents, to qualify them for better jobs.
The initiative is the brainchild of Governor Akinwunmi Ambode.
We are creating employment starting with the expansion of our LSETF team first.
Job Title: Director, Programs and Coordination
Location: Lagos, NIGERIA
- Provide overall strategic direction, implementation, management and supervision of the financial and non-financial interventions for the various target segments
- Oversee the development of financial interventions (debt, grants, guarantees etc.) relevant to target beneficiaries i.e. Micro-Enterprises & SMEs across the various localities/divisions of Lagos State (Epe, Ikeja, ikorodu & Lagos)
- Oversee the design and delivery of programs and schemes for the target beneficiaries
- Oversee the identification of relevant partnership opportunities and ensure implementation of partnership framework to engage potential partners in ensuring delivery of all programs and schemes to target beneficiaries
- Oversee the articulation of the non-financing interventions and/or business advisory/capacity development requirements per target beneficiaries and coordinate the execution and/or delivery of relevant programs
- Oversee the identification, development & roll-out of job placement initiatives
- Analyze trends in the various programs, identify issues, develop and recommend solutions to be implemented
- Oversee and ensure effective government relations to promote inclusion and achieve reach & equity
- Oversee regular tracking, monitoring & reporting of product & program performance
- Bachelor’s and a Masters degree in relevant field
Knowledge & Skills:
- In-depth understanding of the MSME development, segment needs and requirements demonstrated by successful work experience
- Has overseen donor funded program (Added advantage)
- Must have worked with any of the major development agencies (BOI, NEXIM, USAID, World Bank, IFC etc.)
- 10 years experience minimum
- Possess sound relationship, leadership, analytical and communication skills together with evaluative judgment