Position Summary: The Project Director will work in coordination with Pact staff to establish working relationships with state MOH, state Ministry of Local government as well as Primary Health care development agencies, select LGAs and local health organizations. The Director will ensure that project activities proceeds in a timely and successful manner. Ensure good financial management and compliance of all aspects of the project. Monitor security, carry out regular risk analyses and mitigate identified risks.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
The Project Director will work closely with the Country Director and other senior level program staff to carry out duties and responsibilities
Coordination and collaboration
- Serve as key representative to the donor; responsible for all communications and responses to donor requests, etc.
- Ensure strong cooperation and collaboration with other partners, stakeholders, the state government and LGA.
- Coordinate and collaborate with other MNCH partners in Nigeria and Pact’s Africa regional staff.
- Collaborate with Pact Nigeria program and partners.
Program management and oversight
- Provide and/or leverage technical assistance to livelihood program implementation across the continuum of system strengthening services, and at the policy level
- Develop annual work plans, program monitoring plans (PMPs), and country operational plans (COP) for submission to and approval by donor
- Coordinate and as needed conduct monitoring visits to grantee programs
- Develop systematized TA and monitoring processes and tools
- Oversight of program and financial planning, monitoring, evaluation, and reporting
- Represent Pact Nigeria as requested in negotiating with donors and partners
- Recruitment, supervision, guidance and support of staff for the Pact Nigeria program
- Submit timely progress and financial reports to donor and Pact headquarters.
Organizational and technical development and capacity building for grantees
- Developing and implementing an organizational strengthening component that increases grantee capacities to monitor, evaluate, deliver and report on services, and that will support their sustainability.
- Identifying and ensuring that program responds to grantee technical assistance needs.
- Ensure high quality program delivery and the cost-effective use of Pact Nigeria resources
- Administering Request for Proposals (RFAs) and other grant mechanisms supporting MNCH program: This includes assuming leadership and management of the RFA process which encompasses soliciting, reviewing, selecting and managing new partners; and ensuring proper monitoring, evaluation, and reporting of grantee results. The grant management program will operate under the leadership of a program technical review committee convened by the Project Director.