Mercy Corps, An International Humanitarian Organisation is looking for a suitable candidate to fill a very strategic position within our management team. We are looking for a motivated individual, who is enthusiastic about the work we do and is looking to work within a dynamic team as:
Job Title: Deputy Finance Manager
Location: Abuja, with significant travel to field locations, including Northeast Nigeria
- The Mercy Corps Finance Department is responsible for all financial functions in Nigeria country including accounting, banking, payroll, budgeting, financial reporting and grant financial management and compliance.
- The Finance department ensures compliance with donors regular as well Mercy Corps internal policies and procedures.
General Positions Summary:
- Working in the finance department under the direction of the Finance Manager, the Deputy Finance Manager will ensure accuracy and completeness of Mercy Corps accounting roles and will have primary responsibility for managing the monthly accounting cycle and sub award management.
Essential Job Functions
- Daily management of the senior Finance Officer, Finance Officer, Finance Assistants and interns.
- Manage the month end accounting close process
- Support documentation in all country offices
- Review sub journals and upload data to the general ledger
- Primary responsibility for maintaining the general ledger software
- Assist in the training and support of all finance officer in field offices
- Oversee the accounting of all accounting
- Monitor cash and bank balance and accounts consolidation
- Conduct sub grantee assessment and preparation of sub grantee agreement
- Other duties assigned.