Palladium develops and delivers solutions that create positive impact for communities, businesses, societies and economies. We transform lives and create enduring value by working with governments, corporations and non-profit organisations.
We create positive impact through more than 100 current projects with more than 2000 employees operating in over 90 countries.
Job Title: Finance Officer
Project Overview and Role
Voices for Change (V4C) is a UK Aid funded programme implemented by Palladium group. The goal of V4C is to help transform social attitudes towards girls and women in Nigeria by working on specific individual, social and institutional changes. V4C will do this by operating at Federal level and in four States (Kano, Kaduna, Lagos, Enugu). V4C.s Vision is to be known and recognized for creating new ways to change behaviour, contributing to a Nigeria where every girl, boy, woman and man achieves their full potential. V4C.s Mission is to inspire a generation of new voices to speak up and speak out to empower young women to achieve their real potential.
V4C will achieve this by:
- Creating space and opportunities for girls to grow.
- Getting the support of boys and men.
- Removing formal and informal barriers, or
- Influencing behaviours and laws / behavioral and legal change in Nigeria.
The Finance Officer, under the direction of the Finance and Administration Manager, will be responsible for supporting the implementation and management of all financial management systems to effectively manage finance within V4C.
Bookkeeping (General Ledger) and cashier notes:
- Support the process of completing requests for disbursements forms for all local expenditure and necessary approvals for cash / cheque payment vouchers for all local expenditure are obtained before payment is processed;
- Maintain filing structure of all processed and approved cash / cheque payment vouchers.
- Ensure funds expended are provided for in the monthly FTR.
- Financial Management of 4 State Offices Financial Transactions;
- Support the tracking of milestone payments to service providers;
- Conduct a retirement of Advances to the State Offices.
Assist in financial management / support the preparation of monthly financial statements:
- Support the preparation of NGVIZ returns (cashbooks) to Project Accounting for collating the monthly financial statements.
- Support the recode processing of incorrectly posted expenditure to the correct account code.
- Upload payment transactions on Zenith Internet Platform.
- Archive Monthly Financial Documents per V4C policy
- Maintain relationship with the bank.
Support the Finance and Administration Manager in coordinating the annual audit:
- Support the Finance & Admin Manager in coordinating the annual audit;
- Support the process of ensuring that all the cash / cheque payment vouchers are supported by the relevant supporting documents and attend to all Auditors correspondence / queries.
- Upload the Monthly Asset Register
Support the Finance and Administrative Manager in capturing VFM Data:
- Support the process of introducing and establishing systems and processes to capture VFM;
- Lead the VFM tracking under the FAM supervision;
- Support the robust integration of VFM data capture for monthly report;
- Support the allocation of man hours per Timesheet.
Other duties assigned by the Finance and Administration Manager.
- Support the monthly internal auditing of V4Cs cash and bank transactions;
- Support the implementation and establishment of internal control systems.
- Collate the Operations Monthly Forecast
- Support the process of evaluation of Service Providers Per GRM Template
- Weekly NGVIZ cash book excel workbook to FAM;
- Monthly Management Letter (ML) from monthly Internal Auditing to FAM;
- Provision of regular update to FAM for Management decision making and running of the programme.
- Monthly Asset Register Per DFID Report.
- Monthly Operations Costed Work Plan/FTR
- Co-ordinate statutory remittance for the state Offices
- Other support as assigned by the Grants & Compliance Manager and agreed by the Finance Manager.