Mercy Corps is an international development organization that helps people around the world survive and thrive during crisis and natural disaster. Mercy Corps seek to engage interested and qualified candidate for the position of MEL Assistant to work with ENGINE project. The MEL Assistant will work with the Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning (MEL) unit and provide support for all aspects of monitoring, evaluation, data management and research.
Job Title: Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Assistant-ENGINE
- The Educating Nigerian Girls in New Enterprises (ENGINE) program seeks to improve the lives of marginalised adolescent girls aged 16-19 in Nigeria.
- The project which is funded through a grant to the Coca-Cola Company as part of the UK Department for International Development’s Girls’ Education Challenge (GEC) is being implemented in Lagos, Kano, Kaduna, and the FCT.
- About 18,000 adolescent girls who are either enrolled in school or are currently out of school are the target beneficiary of the program.
- The ENGINE program is being implemented by a consortium which includes Mercy Corps, Preston Health Care Consulting and the Nike Foundation.
Essential Job Functions
- Manage ENGINE data management platforms (SPSS, CSpro, Excel)
- Perform data analysis and present monthly report based on project indicators
- Conduct collation and entry of data from ENGINE data collection tool including but not limited to; post-test questionnaire, Matching Interest to Work (MiW), Attendance summary, academic curricular pretest score and School performance record
- Perform regular update of ENGINE data management platforms
- Coordinate data entry clerks
- Support development of monthly M&E report, factsheet
- Perform any other assignment as required by the supervisor
- Reports directly to ENGINE MEL Officer (100%)
Works Directly With:
- MEL team, Programs unit, I&E team